r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Battery upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 12:19pm
The weight is not as important to me as getting the right amps. What should I get for those two 6v GC batteries? I'll check prices on brands.
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 12:29pm
I have to give Batteries Plus 2 old batteries for core deposit. I'm connected to shore power in a park. Can I remove the battery without shutting everything else down, including the fridge? I want to remove the current battery in the morning and take it to town to get the batteries. Can I just leave the shore power and fridge as is?
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 5:57pm
Yes you can remove it. Put the fridge on 120v. when you disconnect the battery, be VERY careful not to short the cables to each other or the frame of the camper, etc.

We used the 120watt panels with 2 GC2's. I was pleased with the match.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 7:10pm
Furpod, Does the controller run off the converter?  Asking.  It requires 12Vs.
Mike Carter
2015 178
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by mcarter mcarter wrote:

Furpod, Does the controller run off the converter?  Asking.  It requires 12Vs.

Yes, but if he is on shore power, the converter charger will be supplying 12v for it.

Personally, I would just make sure I had all my stuff lined out, and shut off all power for the 30 minutes it takes to do the swap.. but That wasn't the way it sounded that Oliver wanted to roll... Wink
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 4:57pm
Thanks, much appreciated.
Mike Carter
2015 178
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic