r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Battery upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 5:20pm
My plastic white box arrived today. I will go to Batteries Plus and purchase 2 GC batteries. Is there anything I need to know about replacing them? I'm currently in a park hooked up to shore power. Do I need to disconnect that to replace the batteries?

furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 7:28am
You don't have to disconnect, But turn off the inverter/charger breaker. That will minimize the chances of accidental shorting.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 2:41pm
Where is the inverter/charger breaker located?
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Oliver Oliver wrote:

Where is the inverter/charger breaker located?

In the breaker box......
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
WFG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WFG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 7:01pm
Hello,
I have been looking to upgrade the plastic battery boxes with a single one piece battery box. 
Who did you order this box from? 
Will there be any issue putting it on 180?
That is a very neat install wiring and all.  Can you recomend a battery shut off switch?
Thanks Rich
Kingskerswell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingskerswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 11:58pm
This is a link to the place that I will be getting my dual GC2 batt box:
https://allbatterysalesandservice.com//catalog/product/view/id/16102

I don't know about suitability for your application but the link will get the dimensions of the battery box and you can check that with your trailer.
WFG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WFG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 12:09pm
Thank you for the info will check it out.
Rich
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 3:32pm
Furpod, I'm getting my golf cart batteries Tuesday. Then I will focus on solar. So you think I need 200 watts to keep them up? I will get a 200w solar suitcase if I knew the best one to get?
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 6:52am
So you think Gopower is the way to go? Where can I get that? And 200 watts will do the trick?
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Oliver Oliver wrote:

So you think Gopower is the way to go? Where can I get that? And 200 watts will do the trick?

as I said, we have GoPower, but there are other options.  Zamp is a good option, and I hear very good things about Renogy.. Plenty of options on Amazon, including the 3 I mentioned.

More wattage can mean faster charge times. Never count on getting more then half of the rated amps out of a panel(s), even in the very best of conditions, you won't see the rated capacity..

A 200 watt portable panel is going to be a bit hefty, check the weight, and your capabilities... I doubt my wife could deal with a 200 watt system solo.. but she can set up our 120.

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic