r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need 2015 Fridge Model and Serial/Product Number
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need 2015 Fridge Model and Serial/Product Number

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tibof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need 2015 Fridge Model and Serial/Product Number
    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:27pm
Complicated story, but trying to help son and his family who are on the road with 2015 Pod Forest River Edition and having an issue with the fridge beeping.  It is due to the door latch issue.  Dometic says they are replacing these latches but instructs him to go to dealer.  He's  on the road and wants to make arrangement ahead to be sure the part is there.  Buuuut, the model and product tag on the fridge can't be found.  Dometic says it can be anywhere, even on the top!  Without it, no part number is possible.  But dometic can't identify the part number without it, even though there's a TSB apparently.  I am guessing it is a model RM 8501 (it's a three way), but not certain.  If you have a 2015 Pod and have access to it, I would greatly appreciate the fridgemodel number, serial number, and any other numbers.  Dometic referenced a "product number".  I am grateful for your help.  BTW, will try DIY recommended fix too.
mikebettin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikebettin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 2:21pm
You will find the tag inside the fridge on the back wall.  Just pull out the lower drawer.  I have the same year Pod.  I just lost 12 volt power to the boards!  I have power to the terminals in the back but no lights to the upper control panel & fridge will not start up.  I need troubleshooting help!
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 5:26pm
Mike,

Have you lost power to the board or is 12V present and the board is not working?  On line, many manuals and websites discuss reefer troubleshooting.  Personally it sounds like you have power but no board response.
Mike Carter
2015 178
mikebettin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikebettin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 9:35pm
I have a 2015 178 pod with a Dometic RM 8501,  Prod. NO. 0921084802, SER. NO. 4370068
I have 12V at the terminal blocks on the back of the fridge.  It was working (poorly but it was 95 outside!) the nite before then in the morning the eyebrow indicators where blank.  I tried resetting and various button combinations with no luck.  
2015 178 Forest River Edition
2012 Jeep Liberty TV
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 5:08pm
Mine is working.  I did pull grey cover and measure voltages and all appears normal. Like yours.  Leads me to believe issue is at the controller board not with supply voltages.
Mike Carter
2015 178
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic