r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RP177 Crack in Outer Shell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Utahpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RP177 Crack in Outer Shell
    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 1:53pm
We bought a 177 in March 2015 from a dealer in Salt Lake City. We use it 3-4 times each summer. When not in use, we store it with a Classic Accessories cover designed for the trailer.

When we took the cover off this year, we saw a crack has developed in the outer shell of the back of the unit. I have contacted Forest River and provided information and am waiting for follow-up.

Has any other owner experienced a similar issue?

mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 4:56pm
Stress cracks, YES, crack like this NO.  Interested in FR response.  The roof is a one piece sheet.  What year is the Pod?
Mike Carter
2015 178
Utahpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Utahpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 6:52pm
Hi Mcarter,

Forest River will replace the outer skin without charge. I need to tow it to a factory in Oregon, a 2-3 day trip, leave it for 45-60 days, and then return to pick it up. That is ok with me and worth it to have the skin replaced.
The will be in the Spring, since they cannot do the work until November, and I do not want to run risk of winter storms.
I will share photos of the work.
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:03pm
Good for you.  Best decision to have them replace.  Honestly I was amazed that happened.
Mike Carter
2015 178
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 8:15am
Have not seen that ever.. But glad FR is covering it. You could look into having a service move it for you. Will cost a bit more then pulling it yourself.. BUT a pro, with insurance, does the move...
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic