r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Generator conversion from gas to propane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Generator conversion from gas to propane
    Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 6:46pm
Looks like I have to answer my own post. What I found today: The conversion kit can be purchased for $260 some bucks. Don't know how much someone would charge to install.The main thing I found that gives me concern is, it said one 20 lb tank of propane would only last about 5 hours. And that's for one genenerator. My AC requires two to run. That means that I would have to have OVER 2 tanks of propane PER NIGHT to run the AC. I better camp close to a place to buy propane! Thus, not a good idea to convert, it looks like.
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 7:44pm
I am thinking of converting my 2 2000i Honda generators from gas to propane. I was just talking with a fellow camper who says that's the way to go. I wouldn't have to worry about the fumes carrying gas or the carb clogging up, right? Anybody done this or know how? Or think it's a good or bad idea...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic