r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trekkerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issues
    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 8:20pm
Bought new 2019 (179) last april  Issues:

(1) Frequent issues unlocking door. Deadbolt won't turn. Dealer said door is bowed to much and we need to lessen the bow in the door by temporarily putting small blocks of wood and top and bottom of frame and pushing door in at middle to less the manufacturers bow. Did you know the doors are intentionally bowed?

(2) The electric trail tongue jack. (up and down) is very prone to blown 30 amp fuses. Any mistake up or down and the fuse will blow.

(3) No way to retract slideout manually. If something breaks, and we can't bring it in it's a crisis.

(4) Couldn't believe we were supposed to live with those two big "Box Cushions" on the floor in front of the dining area. Was able to remove one, but there is slideout gear stuff under the other so have to live around it.

(5) the thermostat is definitely not user friendly. (Could they make the word "off" any smaller.)

(6) Why are the bed lights not over the our heads rather than on the ceiling? People read in bed.
trekkerman
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 9:15am
I would check the ground on the tongue jack. This is not normal behavior.

The slide can be retracted manually, but it is a pain in the butt. Google schwintek slide motor failure, watch a youtube or two..

I would try adjusting the strike plate, rather then the door.. The only camper I know for sure with a factory bowed door is Airstream.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
trekkerman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trekkerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 12:01pm
Thanks for that
trekkerman
SCYankees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCYankees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 6:36pm
We had to have our door replaced on our 179 by FR.  We ended up taking it to the factory to have them do the work.  We had the same issues as you with not shutting well, and the door being bowed.  They replaced it, and we had no further issues.  This would be a warranty issue.

By the way, we sold our 179, even though we loved it, and upgraded to a 196 late last year.  We are working through warranty issues with it now.

Pat
Al and Pat Trudeau

R-Pod 196 Owners
trekkerman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trekkerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 11:07pm
Pat, Thanks for that. Glad to know we are not alone. I really don't want to have this hassle in my life, but maybe have no choice but to play "hardball" with the dealer. I'm in New Mexico. there is no way I want to haul the thing up to the factory (Where ever that is).
Thanks.
Ric
trekkerman
SCYankees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCYankees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 4:43pm
Do you have an HRE model?  Those are made in Oregon.  The standard model is made in Elkhart, Indiana.  Certainly let the dealer know you have talked to other podders who have had the same issue, and don't be afraid to call the Warranty Dept. at the R-Pod division of Forest River.  They may help you out with your dealer, or another dealer.

Pat
Al and Pat Trudeau

R-Pod 196 Owners
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic