r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Little Oval outside lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Little Oval outside lights
    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 2:39pm
The little outside oval lights have gone out. The amber one outside the door and the one in front near the batteries. I'm guessing the bulbs are either out or not connected. Anybody know how to get the plastic lens off to check them?
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 2:16pm
SOMEBODY has to know how to safely remove the lens on that little light to check the bulb!!
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 8:23pm
On my 2015 178 they are both snap in.  A downward pressure applied at top with a plastic tool or a screwdriver if not by hand will allow you to remove lens., I replaced both bulbs with LEDs some time ago, try squeezing lens together by hand first.
Mike Carter
2015 178
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 6:25pm
Oliver,

I removed one today, use a flat screwdriver and gently pry from bottom, not top.  The lens has three snap in tabs, one at bottom and two at top.  Comes out easy.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 7:14pm
Thanks alot my friend. For some reason neither one is working, the amber one by the door, and the one in the front by the batteries. You say you replaced them with leds. Didn't they come with leds?
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 7:34pm
Mine didn't.  I bought LED bulbs and replaced both.  I ruined a porch light lens with an bulb that came with the RV that was to hot.  The LEDs are brighter and cooler.  I can send you the bulb number tomorrow.  Once you get lens off you can see.  I'd wager you have burnt bulbs.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 1:05pm
Thanks mcarter, if I need replacements, do you know where I can find them?
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 5:36pm
Probably bulbs that are in there are 1141/1156 base auto bulbs.  Available at any auto parts store.  The LED bulb is a 12V115613, may be available at auto parts, if not on line.  If you are in a hurry replace with auto bulbs.  The bulb base is what determines replacement.  1156 is a direct replacement.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 8:00pm
I'm not in a hurry. Havn't even looked at them yet. But I will. Thanks
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 6:36pm
Found the led bulbs at Advance auto parts. They were more expensive, but brighter, and should last longer. Thanks, taking the lens off was easy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic