r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anode rod mysteriously disappears

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anode rod mysteriously disappears
    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 3:49pm
O where o where did my anode rod go? I got my R-pod second hand in 2016. It was new, or like new. I don't think the shower had ever been used. Maybe once. So I put in a new anode rod, in anticipation of using the shower. Fast forward to today, I haven't ever used it, due to VA health problems. But today I am trying to get it set up to use it for the first time. I have taken the tiny sink out of the shower. Caulked everything, and taken the door off for more room. It was just getting in the way. Today when I took the anode rod out to check it, none of the white stuff was on the rod. Just a clean rod. So I hooked up the hose to city water and ran water through the HWH. The white stuff, as well as gray, came out. I let it run for a while until it ran clear. Hopefully, the anode rod did it's job and there is no damage to the HWH. Tomorrow I will go to the camping store and get a new one.
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 8:01pm
If you had water in the tank, and depending upon the quality of that water, that anode was doing it's job.  The fact you ran water in tank and it cleaned out particles is a good sign.  Replace anode and continue to march, you're good.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 9:13am
Thanks again Mike!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic