r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hot water heater bypass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot water heater bypass
    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 11:22am
Please give me a link how to make sure hot water bypass valve and other valves behind HWH are turned properly for use. Where is access on 2016 R-pod 171?
Kingskerswell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingskerswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 12:35pm

I am sure there has been a lot of previous dialogue on this topic but yesterday I de-winterised our RP177 so I took a few pictures to try and help to describe this, I hope this helps. 

These pictures show my system in “Fully Operational” mode, not “Bypass”. It was difficult to take good clear pictures but all the valve handles are elliptical in shape even though the pictures don't clearly show this. When the valve is “ON” the handle is in line with fluid flow, when it is “OFF” the handle is turned a 1/4 turn and it will lay across the flow. 

In this fully operational mode the pictures show the bypass valve that connects the cold line to the hot line in the “OFF” position and both the cold and hot valves are “ON”

Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 7:01pm
Kingskerswell,
Yes, thanks for that. After reviewing what appears to be all of the dialogue on the subject, it still seems to remain a source of confusion for some R-poders. And some find out too late the valves have been turned the wrong way. Your input and pictures are very helpful. Before viewing them, I had just taken my mattress up, and the board underneath to be sure. You are right of course. The water pump is mounted on the floor beside the HWH. Now, if all goes well, I will be taking the first shower ever since owning my pod for over 3 years! I drove to my camping and RV dealer today, to buy a new anode rod, and the nice owner/lady confirmed this. Then she tried to sell me a $500 Jayco mattress. I need a mattress, but not from a dealer. Too expensive, and cheap. But that's another topic...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic