r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping Marketplace
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-Pod 3" Axle Risers - $40 - You pay shipping.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FleePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-Pod 3" Axle Risers - $40 - You pay shipping.
    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 11:35am
Brand New R-Pod risers with hardware  that I ordered from Forest River. They weigh just over 12 pounds.  I am in Atlanta, so if you are close by, I am happy to meet somewhere with them.  I am including installation instructions in case you are interested.

SUBJECT: 3” Riser Kit for Surveyor & R-Pod units equipped with Torsions

1. Raise unit one side at a time by placing floor jack under frame between tires or behind axle if unit is a single axle. Lift side of unit so tires are just off the ground. Support that side with jack stands and repeat on other side of unit.
2. Remove wheels from axles.
3. Use the floor jack to support the axle being removed. Remove (2) axle mounting bolts per side of axle and lower axle approx 4”. Brake wires may need to be disconnected during process.
4. Using same mounting bolts, install riser channel to frame bracket. Heads of mounting bolts should be placed towards outside. Torque mounting nuts to 120 ft-lbs.
5. Lift axle up to riser channel and assemble to bottom of riser channel. Heads of mounting bolts should be placed on riser channel side of connection and nuts on axle bracket side. Torque mounting nuts to 120 ft-lbs.
6. Reconnect brake wires and add splices if necessary.
7. Repeat for second axle.
8. Reinstall wheels and torque to maximum recommended value. Typical max torque is 120 ft-lbs. Re-torque wheel nuts at 5, 10, and 25 miles or until torque stabilizes.
9. Lower unit one side at a time.
10. Hitch ball height adjustment may be necessary to ensure unit is level.

Felicia & Thomas...
RPod173 in GEORGIA
2006 GMC Sierra 1500
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic