r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD and Sway bars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD and Sway bars
    Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 4:02pm
Hi everyone,  what's the opinion of getting WD or sway bars.  We currently have an Equal-i-zer 600/6000 from a previous TT, and was wondering if anyone has any problems towing their Rpod while traveling down the I system.  Thanks.

Happy travels,
Darlene
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 5:18pm
SmileRight now I am pulling my 171 with a Chevy 2500HD truck. I have not had any problems towing it 60 to65 mph without any bars. Hope this helps. Jim
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 5:54pm
I'm towing our 172 with a Jeep Wrangler 4 door and I use a sway bar...I've had no issues.
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 2:20pm
We picked up our 171 yesterday right before the snow started.  They installed the sway bar while we waited.  It worked fine.  We have it next to our house.  If you want to come by Sunday 4/5 afternoon we will be home.  Let me know.  Smile Linda
RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 4:47pm
Hi Linda,
How exciting for you.  Can't wait to meet you and see your new Rpod.  I'll give you call if we can make it on Sunday.

Darlene
Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 6:10pm

Hi Darlene

I was out in the freezing cold today packing up the trailer.  There is really a lot of room compared to the little pop up.  Hope you can make it Sunday.  Linda

RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
bike45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bike45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 1:22pm
Hi everyone. I have similar question. We looking at a 175 model r-pod that we would be towing with a Pontiac Montana van which is front wheel drive. Has anyone used this type of vehicle to tow with? Would weight distribution style hitch be beneficial even with a smaller trailer such as the r-pod? I would use sway control either with or w/o W D hitch.
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 5:16pm
I have checked into this and the "pros" out there strongly recommends anyone towing any size TT trailer, should use a weight distribution and sway control hitch.  It would be best for the safety of ones family.   So, we will be using ours.  Our last trailer pulled so nice using the equal-i-zer, and it was only a 14' trailer.  The big concerns are the cross winds and passing semi's.  We'll feel safer using ours.
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 6:14pm
The owners manual for my Liberty says (I think) anything over 1,000lbs to use one.

Terry
2010 R POD 177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2010 R POD 177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 4:36pm
I have th 177 pulled with a GMC 1500, no SB and no WD, no problems at 60~65MPH.  Have not tried over that and not planning.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic