r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! Shower leak!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! Shower leak!
    Posted: 26 May 2020 at 7:39pm
Today, after taking a shower, I noticed water oozing out between the wall and floor, just beside the vent, under the door. I had taken an exceptionally long shower and the inside walls and the toilet were pretty wet. I thought I had caulked the surround where the little screws are pretty good. I have a 2016 171. Do I need to take those perimeter trim pieces off and recaulk? I only did the top of those, above the screws, should I also do the bottom? Also, how about where the toilet meets the floor. I don't even know if any of that could be the problem. Could there be a hose leak underneath? I took the little vent off to look in the access hole. It was wet but not very. I have thought about letting it dry until tomorrow, then observe as I spray water. Any suggestions?
Marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 5:07pm
Check that all the fittings on the drain side are tight. I cut 2more holes under the shower pan so you can reach in easier then covered all 3 holes with one grill'

If you want something done right, do it yourself!

2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra Limited 5.7 Litre
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 7:06pm
The fittings on the drain side look dry. It's coming from what looks like the backside of the toilet. Or at least on that end. I took the toilet up and the black caulk around the flange looks suspicious like they missed a place in the back. I'll let it dry overnight and tomorrow fill in that crack and see what happens.
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 7:49pm
I think you went some time without using the facility, and now you're seeing areas that may have degraded.  I'd reseal and then reuse.  You went sometime without using that shower.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 8:40pm
When you say reseal, be specific...
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 6:33pm
Today I resealed under the toilet. Evidently, because of the difficulty of caulking in the back, R-pod's worker just skipped that part. But it's dry under there now. I'm glad I used to be a painter, and that I tried that BEFORE cutting holes in the wall. But smart, good job Marwayne.I'm going to paint my white grill black. Thanks guys for making this a great forum. Like the Three Musketeers, all for one, and one for all!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic