r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help! AC quit. Themostat flashing E5?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 3:09pm
I found an extension for my vacuum at Lowes. Shop Vac also has a micro cleaning kit. In it is a small brush a little bigger than a toothbrush. With precision, I was able to vacuum the inside evaporator coils. I don't have a Shop Vac vacuum, but it fit anyway. There is just enough room to reach up and clean it. The outside condensor coils will have to wait. I think when I can get a ladder, I will be able to take the cover off and clean them. Or not.
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 6:20pm
Just a postscript. Apparently, what I did, or was graciously instructed to do, by my fellow podders, has worked. I am laid up in a nice military campground for a while, and receiving a good monthly rate, while waiting for a VA compensation court date. I am fortunate to have this place, with the virus causing some campgrounds to be closed, and others crowded and expensive. I set the AC on 70 while I'm here, and 75 when I leave for the day. That way, it stays on all the time, and keeps a constant comfortable temp. And eliminates that freeze sensor issue. Thanks everybody
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic