r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many amps?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many amps?
    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 4:52pm
Does anybody know how many amps I can safely run without tripping a breaker? Can I run the AC and microwave at the same time?
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 7:01pm
What are you connected to?  If you are connected to a 30Amp power source with your RV power cord, the answer is YES.  You can run everything.  If you are connected to a 15 Amp circuit with an adapter, extension cord, the answer is NO.  It is a 30 Amp trailer, that ensures it has the power to operate normally.  Make sense?
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 7:16pm
Yes, I am connected to 30A shore power. I had gone ahead and tried it, with no problem. Enjoying my AC. Waiting to see if it will continue working before putting the cover back on. Thanks
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 8:07pm
OK, hooked to 30Amp shore power, you have it all:)  You can run it all, Bro.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 7:20pm
Thanks, Bro.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic