r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best R-Pod Cover?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mikebettin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikebettin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best R-Pod Cover?
    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 1:05pm
That cover has a 3 year warranty.  They should have replaced it or at least prorated it and given you a discount.
2015 178 Forest River Edition
2012 Jeep Liberty TV
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 5:15pm
I'm on my second cover in 5 years here in middle TN.  The cover they make fits and has been somewhat useful.  However they have a useful lifespan.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Mr. Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 12:26pm
Hey, Podsters:

I had a cover for our 178 for about two years or so, and then the sun turned it to junk.  It just kept ripping and coming apart as I would pull it on or off.  We get high sun and high temps here in the high desert.  90--100 deg. F. all summer.  Is there one brand or another that holds up to heat and UV better than the others.

This is the unit I did use:

Am I just out of luck and have to buy one every few years?

Thanks.

Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic