r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our-Dome (Custom Awning)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 6:23pm
Mountain Mist I have no problem putting my R-dome up by myself. It just takes putting it up a few times. You would enjoy. I am originally from Asheville NC, but I live in Bluffton sc near Hilton head now. I will be at bear den campground over the fourth. Hopefully in the next few months I will be in your area. Safe Camping!
Theresa's Seaside Cowgirl
2010 FORD F150 V-8
2010 R-POD 173
Sisters on the Fly #1569
mountain mist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mountain mist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 9:56pm
Do I take it that ERU means Eastern Round Up? I am not up on the terms.
We have not even had the Pod out as of yet but I do keep my eye out for one on the roads. Have not seen any either. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mountain mist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 11:41pm
Outbound, sorry to bother you, but I looked in the Bear Creek Canvas and they don't show the light color you have. But would still like some details on how to get the process started on one like yours, and is it the Canopy style?
Thank you for information
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 8:11am
mountain mist, just call Bear Creek directly and speak with Al.  He'll answer all your questions without pushing for a sale.

My awning colour is 'white' - it wasn't an option on the website when I ordered the awning.  Al had mentioned that white was available while we were talking on the phone.

As far as awning width, I decided to go with 6'6" wide.  I wanted avoid bunching-up of material around due to the curve of the r-pod.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mountain mist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 11:18am
Thank you so much for the informationTongue
We are just about ready to pull out on the maiden journey of the Escape Pod. Getting some experience seeing what I need is just starting.
With a screen house already and a Coleman Sun Shade , I suspect I may want to pursue getting an awning and I like yours very much.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mountain mist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 7:24pm
Outbound: where do I find the picture of your awning set up?
And did you have to modify the "bolt" heads in the runner in order for the awning to pull through it? I am not really handy with taking all those screws out and replacing them.
I was on verge of picking up the phone today and calling Al, but thought I needed to look at yours once again AND ask about the screws getting in the way.Wink
Bentley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bentley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 10:43am
January 12/18, I too have a R-Pod. Mine is a 2015 Model 178. I would like to order the awning that you bought from Bear Creek. Does it come with a bag that attaches to the R-Pod and stores the awning or must it be installed each time you want to use it? You also mention that you tried a bag awning from a tent trailer. Why didn't you use it instead of ordering a different type? Please reply. I live in Peterborough, Ontario.
Bentley
Bentley
Bentley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bentley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 10:50am
Does your Bear Creek awning have a bag that attaches to the R-Pod so you can leave it on the R-Pod when driving?
Bentley
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Bentley Bentley wrote:

Does your Bear Creek awning have a bag that attaches to the R-Pod so you can leave it on the R-Pod when driving?

You are asking a question, on a +7 year old thread, to a member who has not logged in for over 7 years..

I am going to guess they are NOT going to respond. But I will, if you don't mind.

A bag awning won't work on a Pod because of the design of the awning compared to the shape of an R-Pod. The bag awnings are designed to be mounted "straight" and the roof line of the Pod is curved.

All the Bear Creek Awnings I have seen, 1/2 dozen or so, are all designed to be slid into the keder rail, and removed after use.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 1:34pm
sorry bout that
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic