r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blocked Fridge Defrost Drain Tube

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingskerswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blocked Fridge Defrost Drain Tube
    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 12:31am
Decided to remove all our fridge contents, defrost and shutdown.  Found that the trough at the back of the fridge was full with water and overflowing indicating the drain was blocked.  In removing the outside lower cover panel I noticed the lower exit end of the drain tube that terminated in a small open holding cup was all gummed up with a black gooey residue.  The small holding cup also had about 3/4” of the same decomposing biological gunk in the bottom.  I couldn’t find anything to feed down the tube to clear it, probably because of the top elbow.  So I had to resort to a 1/8” tube attached to my small air compressor blow gun and to gently blow the line back up from the bottom as I did not want to dislodge the hose from what I suspect is a hidden elbow that would be virtually impossible to re-connect.  The holding cup was fairly easy to remove for cleaning by simply rotating it off the tube it was attached to.  I don’t know why this small holding cup and tube is where it is as if it gets filled up it will simply overflow into the rear fridge compartment.

Defrost Drain

Exit tube and holding cup (cleaned out!)

Air nozzle adaptor

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic