r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outside Speakers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 5:19pm
buy.com has the white version of those speaker for same price as amazon, but they have a $20 MIR available.

Phil H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 4:30pm

Personally I prefer peace and quiet at a campground than being forced to listen to someone elses taste music Cry

2010 R-pod 171 (sold)
2010 Surveyor SV251 towed by a 2010 Chevrolet Avalanche
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 5:26pm
The age-old forum debates:

- radio vs. no radio
- bright camp lights vs. none
-55' motorhome vs. 20' popup

As backpackers often say: hike your own hike.
Or: to each to their own.
'10 Forest River R-pod 171
Campcats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campcats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 4:30am
I did find out that the only thing that works with the extension speakers is the DVD mode.
If anybody knows if they work otherwise, like if I'm missing a setting on the setup menu,
Please let me know.Confused
POD people rule!!
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 4:48am
I took the aftermarket XM unit off my boat and installed it in the rPod. Don't have the boom box part, so I use the FM modulator setting on the unit to feed the FM radio on the TV, and it plays through the TV speakers. I'd say the sound is only OK, but I like some background music once in a while and it does the job.

If I change the setting on the XM menu, I can send the signal to the unit's aux output and feed a pair of computer speakers. I've done this while working on projects inside the pod. I thought about permanently adding a pair of powered speakers, not outside but inside the pod. However, when I mention this I get the stinkeye from SWMBO.

I'm jealous of you guys with wireless speaker setups. Can I come over and listen?
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Bigbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 5:04am
I got the wireless speakers on Friday and tested them yesterday, but in my kitchen, not the R-Pod (my R-Pod is presently in the shop, getting the R-Dome track rail and the TV fixed).

I like the sound and the speakers are not too big.  They are wireless, but unless you want to run each speaker with 6 "C" batteries, you will need to run power to each speaker...

I am camping this weekend and will take and post some pictures...
Regards,

Bigbit

2010 Trailmanor Elkmont
Tow Vehicle: 2009 Buick Enclave CXL (Cliffy)
throttle96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote throttle96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 10:11am
For those with a handyman side I found this http://www.b2loud.com/subcat49.htm. I will put this on my list of things to do, as soon as I figure out where to put it.
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Phil H Phil H wrote:

Personally I prefer peace and quiet at a campground than being forced to listen to someone elses taste music Cry

Last Thanksgiving while at Bon Echo, a neighbour was playing (blasting) La triviata.  It was a very odd situation... "excuse me, but could you please turn down Violetta and Alfredo?"

Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
Bigbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 12:10pm
I never followed up in response to my previous post - we are quite happy with the wireless speakers that I got...
Regards,

Bigbit

2010 Trailmanor Elkmont
Tow Vehicle: 2009 Buick Enclave CXL (Cliffy)
69boss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Phil H Phil H wrote:

+1!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic