r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outside Speakers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NY r-pod'r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outside Speakers...
    Posted: 19 Feb 2009 at 3:39pm
First of all we love our new r-pod - for what we paid it is a heck of a camper. It is actually over engineered for as small as it is - the A/C and furnace are rated for a 26ft camper - and the fridge is twice as big as I expected.

The only thing I can possibly think of is an outside stereo speaker that can feed from the TV / FM / DVD player... that would be sweet!
rn08251 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rn08251 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 9:23pm
Thank would be a great idea. If any one can come up with Idea please post. I have not pick up my 173 yet. Are their and speaker out puts on the DVD player?
Thom & KathY
Campcats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campcats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 9:31am
Star There is a stereo output on the back panel of the player as well as composite video (rca jacks). You could get an inexpensive desktop computer powered speaker system with a subwoofer (3-way system) and you would have to get a long rca connector extension to connect it, but since there is an outdoor ac outlet the power to the speaker system is available, you would just have to find a path for the rca cable.
If you want to get more sound you could always set it up with a stereo power amp and some weatherproof speakers to match. You can get some real deals on cables, power amps and speakers on E-bay.
You have just inspired me to do just that to our 171.Wink
POD people rule!!
Campcats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campcats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 9:36am
StarIf I come up with a method to do this, I'll post / email the plans for all to use.
POD people rule!!
Bigbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 10:35am
I've been thinking about buying these: 

But I haven't pulled the trigger on the purchase.  The nice part is that all you need to do is plug the transmitter unit into the audio out of the audiovox tv, and then you can put the speakers anywhere you want within range. 

Be aware that the sound you get is not true stereo - both speakers get a mono combination of the L/R outputs from the source...

Edited to add: just bought it.  I'll post and let you all know how I like the setup once I've tried it.
Regards,

Bigbit

2010 Trailmanor Elkmont
Tow Vehicle: 2009 Buick Enclave CXL (Cliffy)
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 11:22am
Bigbit...... I was reading down this thread and thought "why not wireless"? LOL  Ya beat me to it.

Terry
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 12:41pm
OUTSIDE SPEAKERSWink I need inside Speakers to I can hear the TV over the a/cAngry,  but a wireless set up would take care of both.  FYI speakers powered speakers for the laptop will not work.  I think there's a adapter, but I haven't been shopping for it yet.  It's on the shopping list for the next trip.

LeeLOL

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 1:24pm
     We bought two sennheiser headphones with a Y-adapter we connect the headphones to our 18.5" toshiba TV. The AC drowns out the sound otherwise.    David
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
Fergie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fergie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 5:54pm
I bring my Sirius Satellite Radio along.  It's the "portable" kind and I've purchased the "boom BOX" thingy so that I can sit outside and listen to whatever I feel like listening to! 

I've had this unit for over 2 yrs and it's come to the camp with me, to the beach and now it's coming camping.  Works on batteries or electric... and just where there is an outside plug on the R-Pod is a great location for it.   I'll take a pic this weekend and show u how compact it is... 

Gives great sound too!   And I can listen to all the baseball, all the Nascar and etc, etc...  woot!! Oh.. did I mention I love music? Big smile
Campcats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campcats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 4:14am
SmileWireless is nice , but I can't afford it. I am going to price both setups, but since I do car audio systems as a side I like hardwire. Yes, wireless is nice, easy and convenient, but I'm stubborn and cheap when it comes to hardwire signals versus FM.
FM is a great idea, though.Clap
POD people rule!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic