r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping with Pets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pet carrier

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pet carrier
    Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 3:56pm
Baxter looks like she's having fun.  We're looking to take our two cats camping, Desi and Lucy, with us this year.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Jestforpun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jestforpun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 11:03am
We take our cat, Baxter, with us all the time.  We had two cats but the other one became very ill at the end of last year and is no longer with us.  Baxter loves to travel with us and enjoys sitting in my lap or laying on the platforms created in the back of the fan so she can sprawl out.  We store everything in the same sized plastic tubs to carry to our destination and they are a great height for her to look out the windows.  During our visits to the dump station she likes to lay on the dashboard. 
She never goes out without her harness and being on a rope and generally we are out with her.  She loves going under the RPod and laying in the dirt, no matter how many lovely bedding opportunities we create.  In my blog at "lifeinacannedham.blogspot.com" she is known as She Devil.
The Jester Queen, traveling with her husband, Left Brain and their cat, She Devil. Follow their adventures at http://lifeinacannedham.blogspot.com
throttle96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote throttle96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 4:06pm
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 6:08am
I have a 10lb Chicahua-Mix and have a small flexable carrier that I put her in, or a large beach bag if i need her a little more hidden.   

In pet friendly places I put her in the flexable carrier and they put her room or out of the way. If I'm going into a non-food place I just put her in the beach bag with my wallet.

I never leave her in the truck during the day, but if I had to go into a place I could not take her and I'll be a short time (15-20 minutes).  I put her in the r-pod and open a window...It's better insulated then the truck and it keeps cool.  She's a calm dog, so I'm not worried about damage.

Next long trip, I'll have a generator and will be able to kick on fan or a/c.

Lee
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 5:49am
The best part of having a camper is that we can take our four legged family member with us without having to find a place that allows dogs. While I love that red roof inn and la quinta are dog friendly, I like knowing that we can go to dinner or breakfast in the morning and not be breaking the rules by not having him in a crate. Also, just like at home, his bathroom is right outside the front door with no one giving me dirty looks! (Of course we are responsible pet owners and there is a stack of baggies right in the kitchen drawer!)
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 12:59am
Our dog loves our Rpod 175.   After a long day hiking, she would rather sleep in it than sit outside by campfire.  We just leave out the table and there is room on the floor for her bed.  I am a little concerned about her taking out the Rdome when she is harnessed to the trailer as she has learned she can get in by the open area next to the trailer.  So far, three trips with it have been good.   We were even able to leave her in it for a few hours and go to dinner. 
PriceJC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PriceJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 5:11pm
So far, I have only been "camping" at the dropzone where I skydive.  So far, my lab (Maggie) has been OK in our r-pod 171 while I am jumping (she did bend up the blinds a bit trying to look out the windows - so I will be making curtains instead).

In between jumping and packing my chute, I go grab her and we go for a walk.  And in the evenings, she hangs out with the other "Dropzone Dogs."  Maggie was the reason I got my r-pod...smart thing figured out how to escape from the pop-up I had and chewed through the harness I had for her when she was outside.  She has some separation issues - so I am hoping she soon realizes our r-pod is her home away from home!!!

I am looking into getting front stabilizers though, because when I come back to the r-pod, I hear her jump off the bed (or at night when we are sleeping and she decides to move to the other bed or floor), and I just want to make sure she (we) are as stable as possible in there!

We are hoping to take the r-pod for a real camping trip soon!!!
Julie C. Price (and Maggie)
Virginia
2008 Trailblazer SS
r-pod 171
Blue Skies
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 6:23pm
She was (died) an indoor cat only.  She only got out once and it took about an hour to catch her.  We finally just opened the door and waited.  She ran in and jumped up on my lap and started purring!  After that we could leave the door open and she would get down on the bottom step and go no further!

Terry
rmaco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 4:19pm
Did you let your cat roam free in new areas you went too and in the wild areas? I am afraid that if I let my cat out, or it somehow gets out, I may never see it again because it may get lost in unfamiliar surroundings and if it gets out while caming out in the wilderness it may wonder off and end up being some bigger animals lunch.Confused
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 12:51pm
My wife and I traveled for 6 years (full time) with our cat.  We had a motorhome so it is not the same.  We put her in a carrier and used a seat belt to hold it on the couch when on the road.  she got used to it and crawled in by herself. 

Remember that a pet becomes a flying object during an accident.

Terry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic