r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new 171 r-pod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonfly's r-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new 171 r-pod
    Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 6:18am
Well we have joined you all in the r-pod revolution lol.  We will pick ours up tomorrow at Couch,s RV Nation.  We got a 171 mainly because of the queen bed in the back.  There is just two of us so it is going to be perfect.  Maggie
jherald02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jherald02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 3:16pm
Welcome aboard!  Took mine out for the first time this weekend. 

You are going to love it! 

You are also buying from some great people as that is where I purchased mine.

James
Let's hit the road!
dragonfly's r-pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonfly's r-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 4:07pm
Thumbs Up  we got our 171 today I love it!!!!  Had a lot of wind bringing "HER" home so don't know what the mileage will do.  I think that we are gonna add a sway bar to our hitch just to help when in the wind.  Not sure when we will go out but I hope it is soon!!!  Maggie
rfun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 8:08pm
We just bought our 171 from COUCH'S RV NATION TOO!!!  You probably passed right by ours when you picked yours up... Our 171 will be hitting the road shortly... it is being delivered to us in Nor Cal.  Jeff, Doug and Kendra ROCK!!!  We looked all over California and some other states too and no one can come close to price and customer service...  If your still are on the fence and worry about buying out of state... WE can honestly tell you that we saved over 3 grand...  and got the BEST rate along with as mentioned excellent customer service Wink
Happy r trails to you.... until we meet AGAIN!!!

2005 BMW X3
2009 R-pod 171
Prodigy RF
RpodMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RpodMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 6:10am

Hey Everyone!  This site is awesome,  It's great seeing so many people excited about the r-pod.  Many of you have commented about buying your r-pod out of state.  The great thing is with r-pod, you can buy from your local dealer, and arrange a 'factory pick-up' of your new r-pod in Goshen, right near the production facility.  That way, you will still have a local dealer when you return home, where ever that may be!  It's important to buy from your local dealer because they will be the ones assisting you with your r-pod when you return home!

NY r-pod'r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NY r-pod'r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 6:33am
I had that concern as well .. I wanted to support my local dealer here in upper NY but they were 3G's from Couchs price. I gave them every chance to match the price but they would not come down within 2G. I called FR and they gave me a list of 5 dealers within 45 min drive of my location that can do r-pod service - it does not have to be a dealer selling r-pods - any FR dealer can do the service.

I called one dealer that sold Sierra's and he said they would do the work all day long - and that they would be stupid to pass up the $100 hr service work. FR has a national dealer network that can do service under warrenty - it was a non-issue for me. Heck, for the 3G's I saved I can afford to pay for a little work if it ever even came to that.
rfun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 7:25am
Here!!! Here!!! NY r-pod'r!!!  My in state dealers tried to pressure me with that sales pitch as well.   I too confirmed that FR warranty work can be done at $100 hr.  

I am also a Harley owner and I have had service on my bike in many states as I travel a lot.  Not one dealership has refused to work on my bike because I did not buy it from them.  The 'Local' dealer needs to become competitive and STOP insisting on the 'IMPORTANCE' of a local dealer.  If I was them and I could not match the price... I would partner with us and welcome us for whatever needs we have for the future... hmmm sounds like Harley.  You will read time and time again how any dealers people have worked with and still they are no where near our friends in Hamilton Ohio.   If one more dealer tells me that the markup is due to shipping the pod... LOL Couch's RV Nation still can do that and kill the local dealer price... so what is next excuse?

I like HONEST and Direct salesmanship...  and I have received that when selecting my r-pod dealer!!!  Do your homework people!!!
Happy r trails to you.... until we meet AGAIN!!!

2005 BMW X3
2009 R-pod 171
Prodigy RF
Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 1:49pm
Congratulations on your Rpod 171.  We have one too.  I didn't find this site until after we put money down so Couches was not an option for us.  We paid $11,000 for ours including 5.5% sales tax.  That was ok.  They were really nice at Country Campers so it all works out.  I am just happy to have walls and a ceiling.  Post pictures of your outings if you can.  Big smile
RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic