r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r-pod door lock...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJ2SPIRIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 10:58am
Smile yes...everyone at couch rvnation has been helpful..highly recommend 
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 2:17am
The upper lock on mine came right out of the door!  The bottom one will not lock at all.

Terry
markn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2009 at 5:17pm

We've had problems opening the door --- latch seemed to stick but once we determined we just needed to push in on the door a bit, it was easy to open.

Leaflin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leaflin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 9:58am
The WD40 helped. Being gentle was the key on the upper lock.
But the most helpful was the realization that the deadbolt lock is like our household deadbolt locks where we turn the key all the way to the left to engage the deadbolt then return the key 1/4 turn back to the right and remove the key.
nlroller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nlroller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 11:05am
I'm a new owner and in our walk through, our salesman pointed out that if we turned the deadbolt key either way to lock or unlock, we had to turn it back halfway to remove it.   He said that if we forced it out it could cause the lock to be stuck permanently in that position.
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 11:06am
I was blamed several times for locking the door while my boyfriend was outside.  It wasn't locked, of course, but that didn't stop the argument.  There is a bit of a trick to opening our door - you have to put your thumb below the keyhole and apply a little pressure while lifting on the latch.

Oh, well.  One more thing for the dealer's 'fix-it' list.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
Fergie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fergie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 12:50pm

For us... it's only the "dead bolt" that does seem to work at all. 

Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 1:54pm
JustLike terryM..the whole lock came out with the key.. Luckly it was in the open position.  Drove to my dealer on the way home and he replaced the whole thing..Actually the paper work took longer then the replacement.

Lee
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2009 at 5:43pm
Yes, we have had a similar problem with the door lock.  We sprayed silicon in both locks and so far that seems to have taken care of the problem.  Someone also said they press in on the door just below the lock.  We have done that too and it seems to work.  But after using silicon we haven't had to press with our thumb.     Bryn and Mike Smith  R-pod 171                                                                                                       
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 4:24am
Originally posted by Outbound Outbound wrote:

Oh, well.  One more thing for the dealer's 'fix-it' list.

I had taken my r-pod to my dealer to have a short list of things looked and got it back in time to go camping last weekend.  What a difference in the door lock!  I didn't know how bad it was until it had been fixed.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic