r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

favorite camping product

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 1:34pm
Well these new little crocks look like they would fit in the sink easily. 

I don't wash directly in the r-pod sink; I wash dishes in a plastic dishtub.  That way, the food particles and grunge don't go down into my holding tanks.  heh heh
I'd rather be Podding. :)
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by kotasnana kotasnana wrote:

Just curious is it difficult to wash the cooker in the small sink. I love to cook in the crock pot but was concerned about cleanup?

Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners (disposable, and buy them anywhere).....  and problem solved!!Lamp

John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
plantkiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plantkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 4:12pm
It's a toss up between the following:

Macbook Pro (unibody) with a Verizon Wireless WAN card
                                         or
                                      HDTV

I can't decide.   (sad, I know....)
2010 R-POD 172 (version 1.0)
2007 NISSAN FRONTIER SE 4x4 w/ Prodigy P3
retired Roxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 7:21pm
Plantkiller, I am sitting in the Ahwanahee historical hotel in Yosemite typing this to you on a Mac book Pro. As I watch people enter this grand lobby where we have free internet access almost everyone is using a Mac book!

Lover your selection of camping favorites.

Roxy in Yosemite
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 7:28pm
Last campground I was at, there was a guy with a toyota prius in an RV spot with this tiny one man tent.  He was sitting outside on a stump with his macbrook pro, a HDTV tuner and was watching CSI Miami on his mac with the TV tuner and accessing the internet using some kind of cellular internet usb card thing.

I joked with him about it.   He said he had a limited camping budget.  After he bought the macbook, the usb HDTV tuner, and cellular card, and a rechargable battery back with AC/INVerter to run the laptop.  That he had maxed his camping budget so all he could afford was the tiny little tent.

plantkiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plantkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 5:40pm
The MB Pro is for work.   I am in technical sales so I have very unsual hours.   When a customer has an issue, I need to be able to connect to their network to troubleshoot and fix things ASAP.   Downtime equates to lost revenue.

The HDTV is for my wife.   She loves to relax at the end of the day by watching some primetime shows like 24, CSI, etc...   The way I figure, if she's occupied watching TV, she won't be bugging me and wanting to talk and discussing our feelings and stuff...   Smile    The POD is too small to have my own private space.

2010 R-POD 172 (version 1.0)
2007 NISSAN FRONTIER SE 4x4 w/ Prodigy P3
Poddie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by plantkiller plantkiller wrote:

The POD is too small to have my own private space.

There's always the loo!  Confused

LOL
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 3:06am
"He was sitting outside on a stump with his macbrook pro, a HDTV tuner and was watching CSI Miami on his mac with the TV tuner and accessing the internet using some kind of cellular internet usb card thing." 

I was just checking into something like that.  With such small space in the pod I thought that would accommodate all our needs when we do more traveling. _popupControl();
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 4:14am
Originally posted by Poddie Poddie wrote:

Well these new little crocks look like they would fit in the sink easily. 

I don't wash directly in the r-pod sink; I wash dishes in a plastic dishtub.  That way, the food particles and grunge don't go down into my holding tanks.  heh heh

I take it that you dump the water outside then?  That would be a no no.

Terry
Poddie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 5:06am
Nope.  Just strain the dishwater through a paper-towel lined sieve.  That way the food particles go into the trash rather than into my pod.  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic