r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

favorite camping product

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: favorite camping product
    Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 10:31pm
As a newbie I am reading everything and asking a lot of questions. I am not only new to the r-pod but to trailer travel as well.
I try to think about everything I need to purchase and have asked the forum for specific ideas and everyone is extremely helpful.   Many things have been discussed under various heading and I will be purchasing everything such as the Honda generator, 10 guage 25 foot extension cord, trailer keeper, ice packs for the freezer and now I am looking for the pressure rod shelf for the shower. But I would like to know your favorite, can't leave home without it special camping 'thing' or 'things'.

Thanks for your help. I will taking my first trip the end of Sept to Yosemite and love the shopping for all the goodies!

Retired Roxy
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 11:09pm
A good comfy fold up chair for outside. 

Terry
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 4:00am
3M Command hooks.  I'm always finding a place to hang something.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Bigbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 4:13am
Originally posted by yizit yizit wrote:

3M Command hooks.  I'm always finding a place to hang something.
Those things are great.   I tell my friends who work for 3M that they are the best things they have invented since post-it notes.

We have one in the bathroom of the 175 to hold up our shower caddy, two on the wall by the entrance to hang clothes on and two on the side of  the fridge cabinet to hold a dustpan / brush combo and my toiletry bag.
Regards,

Bigbit

2010 Trailmanor Elkmont
Tow Vehicle: 2009 Buick Enclave CXL (Cliffy)
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 6:45am
Originally posted by TerryM TerryM wrote:

A good comfy fold up chair for outside. 
Terry

+1

Specifically, a good "antigravity" chair.  We bought two from REI, I forget the brand name.  REI now sells the same chair under their own brand name as the REI Comfort Lounger.  I have lower back issues and bag chairs hurt, they are also uncomfortable on the legs after a while.

We use ours everywhere we go, one of the best purchases ever.  I have literally spent entire days on the beach in this chair, very comfortable.

We also use our EZ-up canopies often - beach, kid's games, friend's parties, and of course when camping.
'10 Forest River R-pod 171
Poddie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 7:22am
I like to take an old crock pot/slow cooker.  It's so great to toss in the ingredients in the morning, go have fun playing with family all day, then come back to camp tired & hungry, with the enticing aroma of supper waiting for us.  :)
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 8:15am
Well, apart from the r-pod itself being my favourite Broken Heart, I'd have to go with TerryM and techntrek: my favourite piece of camping equipment is my camping chaise lounge.  Its a very comfortable chaise that folds down like a bag chair - I picked it up at Costco a couple of years ago.  Almost everyone who's seen it wants to know where to buy it.

Number 2 for me is my Broil King PortaChef BBQ.  I've been through a number of rinky-dink and underpowered portable BBQs in the last 20 years of camping.  With the PortaChef, I found exactly what I was looking for: solid construction, detachable legs, stainless steel burner and guard and 20,000 BTUs.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
kotasnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 10:13am
I like to take a big fan for those hot days to sit outside for a breeze to.
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 10:47am
Originally posted by kotasnana kotasnana wrote:

I like to take a big fan for those hot days to sit outside for a breeze to.

+1, again

Make sure to take an extension cord for it so you aren't tied within 4 feet of the 'pod.  I've found its also useful for the times when the wind is blowing the campfire's smoke in the wrong direction and moving your chair isn't practical.
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Poddie Poddie wrote:

I like to take an old crock pot/slow cooker.  It's so great to toss in the ingredients in the morning, go have fun playing with family all day, then come back to camp tired & hungry, with the enticing aroma of supper waiting for us.  :)

+1, dang, yet another I forgot.

We get a lot of "hey that's a good idea" when ours is on the table cooking all day.  Great for the trips to the local amusement parks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic