r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

our coming R-Pod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote don&tammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: our coming R-Pod
    Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 1:08am

Approve We ordered our R-Pod 172 weeks ago from Paulsbo RV ... should be here between April 5-10! We can hardly wait. We opted to order one rather than take the model that went to all the home shows. It is our dream as we are just too darn old to tent camp comfortably anymore! The grandkids got to "help" pick it out and it is all they talk about! We have an 11 yr old grandson we are raising, and a 4 yr old grandaughter with another on the way! We love reading all the posts! Is there anyone else out there who lives in our area of WA?

Don & Tammy Johnson
jherald02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jherald02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 2:39am
Congratulations on your new POD and welcome to the forum.

These things are alot of fun.

James
Let's hit the road!
Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 1:56pm
Hi Don and Tammy and grandkids
Welcome to the forum.  Have you picked up your RPod yet?  We went for our first adventure this past weekend.  It was a great time.  Linda and Ted
RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
don&tammy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote don&tammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 6:37pm
We are sad to report that the dealer we were using, Paulsbo RV here in WA dropped the ball and after getting the run around for 6 weeks and never the same story we said forget it. So we have very sad grandkids and a new van with nothing to tow. Guess we will just be cabin campers. Sad as we were spending $3000 more to buy local. Thanks for asking and hope you all have a great time in yours. Don & Tammy Johnson
Don & Tammy Johnson
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 11:24pm
Isn't there another dealer somewhere close by?

Terry
duckbooklady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckbooklady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 5:30am
That is terrible!  Did you get your deposit back?  I agree with Terry.  Use that $3000 to travel to a different dealer and spare the broken hearts!  
rfun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 6:43am
Don and Tammy... Call Jeff Couch's RV in Hamilton Ohio... They may still have one in stock or you can order it... They are great people and can have it delivered to you too.  You will still save tons of money.  We bought ours from them and we are in Northern California... no problems.  The support post delivery is a good as any local dealer.Smile
Happy r trails to you.... until we meet AGAIN!!!

2005 BMW X3
2009 R-pod 171
Prodigy RF
rmaco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by don&tammy don&tammy wrote:

We are sad to report that the dealer we were using, Paulsbo RV here in WA dropped the ball and after getting the run around for 6 weeks and never the same story we said forget it. So we have very sad grandkids and a new van with nothing to tow. Guess we will just be cabin campers. Sad as we were spending $3000 more to buy local. Thanks for asking and hope you all have a great time in yours. Don & Tammy Johnson

Yeah if your local dealer acts like that I say screw them and buy it from Couch's in Ohio. I know that they would of delivered to me in Utah for $1000 if my local dealer didn't come through.
bob & Linda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob & Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 5:19pm

When we started looking at R-Pods, no dealers in Washington were carrying them.    We went to the Seattle RV show to look at an R-Pod when Poulsbo RV finally got one in.  The prices listed by Poulsbo RV were much higher than prices at Couch's dealerships online.  My wife also didn't care for the salespeople.  (I guess they figured they had the western Washington market cornered.)  We decided that if we bought one we would travel across the country for our summer vacation to pick up the R-Pod and camp our way home.  It would have been cheaper to have it shipped but we decided we would camp in the Black Hills and watch fireworks over Mt. Rushmore for the 4th of July.  We are also going to spend a few days in Kentucky near Mammoth Cave after picking it up.  I just wish we didn't have to wait for school to get out before we could take the trip.

duckbooklady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckbooklady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 5:43pm
We also ordered from Jeff Couch.  It looks like a nine hour drive for us.  We also plan to pick it up and had thought about "camping our way home."  Now that I read about needing to flush the system with bleach and such, I wonder if it is better to get it home to do that. 

I camped in an RV as a kid but my attention was on roasting marshmallows- so we are basically new to RVing.  Can we pull a spanking-brand new camper into a campground with out having done this flushing stuff?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic