r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

List your mods: NO COMMENTS PLEASE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 7:41pm

We added 6" to lower bunk in the 172 for additional storage and height for sitting on.  Removed upper bunk and added shelf.  Removed the stove and replaced with cutting board.  Added wire racks for additional space on counter top.

Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 8:50am
This is my counter and BackSplash Combo, I'm in to multi tasking.LOL

A while ago I replace my kitchen counter and saved the part that was cut out for the sink. Had a friend cut it down to 16X24 and found these little 3" legs at Lowes. Predrilled holes 1" off corners  of counter top edge and screwed in legs (legs already had 1" screws in them).  

I'm still going to stain the legs when I get a chance, plus get the stuff to go around the edges or just get little wood strips and glue them on.  Kinda kool it almost the same pattern as the R-pod walls.Star

When cooking it acts like a backsplash.

This was an easy PODMODBig smile.
Lee
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 9:03am
Almost forgot to add.Embarrassed
No More Rock and Roll.  I've been looking at leveling sissorjacks and stablizers.  They all need to be drilled (or it seemed), and where not cheap.  Picked up these 3 ton Jacks (thats 6000lbs) for $20.00 at harbour freight and $8.00 for the rubber protector's.  Before my next road trip I'm going to pick up the a set of leveling squares (for under the tongue as well) so i won't have to use scrap wood.  

I lined the jacks under the cross beams.

Thanks it for now.
LeeBig smile
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 5:05pm
I went the scissor jack/leveling jack route.   $29.00 each at local harbor freight.  Each rated at 5000lb each.   Way overkill, but they had a long enough reach that I could actually reach the ground even with lift kit installed in trailer.   I installed them each so they diagonal and  pointed at the front corners of the trailer.   This means the jacks are basically perpidicular to each other, which ads to the stability of the rock and roll of the trailer.  As scissor jacks always have some sway in them on the axis perpedicular to the screw.
They are bolted and welded to the diagonal cross member that makes up the tongue of the trailer. 

Left Side

Right Side
TXBoondocker1217 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TXBoondocker1217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 6:18pm
Added a scalloped trim to the top of Microwave.  Plan to use area for bread and chips..

Copied Huron...used scrap wood and topped it with 18" floor tile  Finished size is 15 X 20  (do the stickers on the back of the stove  have to stay there?)
Steve & Carole
Scooter & Sophy(4 legged kids)
2010 RP-172 R-Pod "Rose Pod"
2008 Toyota 4Runner "Rose Pedal

How old would you be, if you didn't know how old you are??
TXBoondocker1217 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TXBoondocker1217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 6:20pm
Sry about the first pic...read the instructions after I inserted it...Embarrassed
Steve & Carole
Scooter & Sophy(4 legged kids)
2010 RP-172 R-Pod "Rose Pod"
2008 Toyota 4Runner "Rose Pedal

How old would you be, if you didn't know how old you are??
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 7:28am

Installing a Locking Door/Spout for the Gravity Fill water tank.

Just posting a link here to the main thread on my modificaiton.   Replaced the water tank fillter spout with a locking door to keep stuff from showing up in my water tank unannounced. :)

rosemary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosemary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 7:59am
I made a few decorative mods to my 171 which makes me much happier.  The best thing I did was place a mirror behind the sink area.  My husband had to take down the TV to get this accomplished, but he said it wasn't too hard.  I wish Forest River would do this to all the 171's before they leave the factory.   I purchased some metal wall decorations at my local Hobby Lobby when they were 50 percent off.  I put one over the wall as you come in below the light switch to  hide that square thing.  Next I placed one which was three umbrellas hanging over the rounded front wall. This helped to break that wall up.  I had seen a light fixture in Venice made of umbrellas and this reminded me of that.  I placed a hook over the bathroom door to hang towels and placed a hook over the bed to hang clothes.  It's amazing how something so little could make it look so much better.  I have pictures posted at alrosemary.shutterfly.com/    Thank you all for your helpful blogs.  LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 5:00am
The regular table is too large to get around, but is still need for when the queen bed is use. So it's under the bunk bed.  This little table from campworld works perfect for us.

Storage when not needed.

Those who can't do SHOP.LOL

Lee
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 2:15am
WATER FILTERS and HOLDER:

I have been using this filter setup for many years, first in the motorhome, now the R-Pod.  All parts are from Home Depot.  These filters are made for houses so they last a long time in an RV.

The white filter is a sediment filter.  The black filter is carbon and removes just about everything including chlorine and cysts. 

Here are the pieces that the filters go into.  I cut a short piece of plastic pipe to connect the 2 units and added quick disconnects to them.

This is the frame I made out of the thick walled plastic pipe hold the filters off the ground a little.

And.....the finished product!  It's a good idea to keep the filters out of the sun.  The sun would promote algae growth.  The water enters into the white filter first, then the black and exits out the black filter to the water hose.  I put an arrow on top to show water flow direction.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic