r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

List your mods: NO COMMENTS PLEASE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 4:39pm
Here is mods so far! Thanks to all the suggestions!
suctions cup hangers used on the exterior for wet jackets inside the R-Dome!

hanging the old awning lights on the R Dome using clothes pins!

Lights during the day!  I like my flower lights!

Double hanger on the Bathroom door

Netting is wonderful storage!

Stove Top Cover! Hubby is so Proud!

Another pic of netting !!
Clothes hamper that hangs outside!!

Thanks to ALL!Big smileLOL
Chuck and Bev
2010 R-Pod 172

Happy Trails!!!!
gepaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gepaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 3:55pm
Added shelf to entertainment center:

Gene & Linda - 2007 Escalade - 24-Foot Keystone Cougar TT- Life is not just about gas mileage!
gepaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gepaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 3:59pm
Added bedroom cabinet. Actual size is about 30 inches wide by 14 inches deep by 16 inches high:

Made out of ¾ inch hardwood and ¼ inch birch plywood. Frame pieces were screwed and glued together. Bottom of cabinet consists of plywood glued in slot cut in frame pieces. Door pieces assembled with glued biscuit joints (no screws).

Attached left side of bottom frame to bathroom wall at two places. It was very easy to find solid wood here. (Just screws thru frame below bottom plywood into bathroom wall.) Attached curved frame piece to ceiling at 3 places. It was easy to find crosswise framing members which were about 15 or 16 inches apart. (Used small metal L brackets here.) Attached back side of frame to side wall at three places. Had trouble finding studs here and ended up only screwing into paneling, but still ended up with an overall solid installation.

Finished with two coats of Cabot’s Wood Stain (Red Chestnut) and two coats of Minwax Clear Satin Polyurethane. Stain was more like paint and difficult to apply second coat evenly using wipe-on method. Brushing on worked better.

Problems:

(1)   Traced curvature of ceiling above window and cut curved board based on tracing. Test installation revealed that ceiling curvature above window was not the same as curvature 16 inches in from side wall where the curved board would be installed. The ceiling curvature was sharper at this location. Had to adjust tracing and cut new board.

(2) The corner formed by the side wall and the bathroom wall was not 90 degrees. It was a slightly 
            greater angle. This needs to be taken into consideration when making the frame.
Gene & Linda - 2007 Escalade - 24-Foot Keystone Cougar TT- Life is not just about gas mileage!
Leaflin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leaflin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 2:47pm
Took out panel on sofa and added 2 x 4 for support.
After placing in the 2x4 the sofa would not fold out into a bed because the side bolts need a recess to go into in order to go all the way down. It is easy to mark this by simply making an impression into the wood with the bolts. Take out the 2x4 and drill a hole about 3/4 of an inch into the 2x4 and the bolt will fit in nicely.

Custom Storage Boxes

Boxes under sofa

Skirt to hide boxes

rosemary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosemary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 11:02am

rosemary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosemary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 11:04am
This is a picture of the mirror and wall hanging.

Rosemary
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 4:46pm
Initial use of 177 indicated two things needed changing asap.  There was a 7 inch gap between the end of the table end the front wall.

Moved the front leg back 7 inches.

This allowed table to move forward closing the gap.

The second item was the table lock mounted on the table support rubbed a persons leg when sitting down or getting up from the table.

It had a sharp burr the cut my daughter in laws leg.

The burr was filed off and the lock was moved to the other side and at the forward end rather than the back end of the table support.

Now the table lock doesn't scrape a persons leg when sitting down or getting up from the table.

Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
duckbooklady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckbooklady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 11:40am

We purchased these components at Ikea.  The dish-drying rack folds up when not in use.  The magnetic strip will hold scissors, knives, bottle openers, etc, and the wire baskets save cabinet space while keeping items close at hand and safe during transport.  We plan to pick up a few more wire baskets and probably another magnetic strip. 

PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 3:29pm
Here are a few "Free" Mods that I attempted today since it was beautiful outside here.

Cindy found a cutting board in our basement that works really great. The small 4 feet on the cutting board make it fit snuggly over the sink and doesnt move at all !!! (lucked out !)

I did the "Mod" to the table so it gets closer to the 'front' wall. I had to move the legs 7.5", but I believe that Sandpiper did 7", so if your planning on this mod, take the measurement according to "your" Pod. The legs were also "off" center, so I centered the set I moved but didnt center the other set due to no room for New Holes without hitting the old ones.

I cut the board under the mattress so when servicing the Water Heater and/or the Furnace you dont have to remove the whole board. Upon doing this, I noticed I had "little" room to rescrew it down, so I ran down to Lowes and bought some wide-washers for the screws and then re-installed them "Between" the boards (so I would hit the braces center) and the washer holds both sides down. These boards arent exactly cut "true" so it was a challenge to make sure the boards were resting on braces for support. Hidden is one screw against the wall that I didnt use a washer.
I did however place these at other points cause the board was-not over the support enough to screw down.

Not pictured (yet) is the Mod for the braces for the table when converted to a bed.
I removed the supports and stained them and are still drying.
The "lock" that helps retain the table when in bed position will be moved to the driver side toward the front as posted by Sandpiper. I accomplished this by turning the table around (before moving legs), and exchanging the supports Left to Right and Right to Left. Pics on that will follow.

THESE WERE ALL "FREE" MODS except for the washers. (a couple of bucks)

HAPPY PODing !!!
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 6:22pm
I did the same as PodPatrol by cutting the plywood but went a little further by adding a second support board to support the remaining 2/3 of the plywood.

I attached it with four flooring screws.

Then drilled a finger hole in the removable piece and now have a water heater/furnace access panel.

Both pieces will be screwed down but I didn't do today because I still have some work to do to caulk up around the outside access doors.

Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic