r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

List your mods: NO COMMENTS PLEASE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 6:45pm

Good work with the battery box => tool box conversion. That's exactly what I have had in mind to do with my pod when I get it. However, I had not thought of the hinges. That's a good idea. How did you attach the hinges? Pop rivets?

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
Mikolia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 4:12pm
My mods are threaded for comments and questions here:

• Mounted LCD TV
• Quieted Water Pump
• Added 12v Power Outlet
• Memory Foam Mattress

david950 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 12:15pm
There's a %20 at the tail end of the URL you provided, causing it to break.  Here's a good URL:

PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 12:24pm
Thanks David !!!
Ned View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 7:17am
Not sure if I am in the right sot or not. Some time ago their was a mod for the rear window. It was about drilling holes in the winow frame. I had mine done by the dealer. He said when he drilled one of them water came shooting out. I have not had any problem since. If you can not find it I will see if is still around and reprint it.
Good Camping
Ned
Rocket Pod RP-173
Miramichi, NB
2005 Ford Escape
tturbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tturbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 12:54am
Removed table and added wall to wall carpet tiles. Nicer on the feet and cosy too and they are totally washable and removable for storage. See more pictures here: http://www.rpodnation.com/rp173t-modifications_topic1860_post21055.html#21055

Tess
Tess&Brad
R-Pod 173T
'07 Hyundai Sante Fe V6
takeabreath3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takeabreath3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 9:56am
that looks really nice!!
Life isn't a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safe in a pretty well preserved body, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up totally worn out, loudly proclaiming WOW WHAT A RIDE
Lissie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 5:10pm
how did you attach the ranks on the wall? Did you drill? Wall bolts?
Lissie
Owner of Polly-pod
Parrotpoders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parrotpoders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 10:54am
Made shelfs for food pantry area using supplies from Home Depot

Completed and fully stocked

Purchased two coffee tables from Wal-Mart and converted one to a stove top cover and use the other for additional counter space or use out side when needed.  Added the Rooster decals for the kitchen and a small coffe pot.

Used a small locking device to hold open storage area lid.  Not seen...I also cut a round finger hole in the lid and cut the left hand edge by an 1-1/2" to allow for easy opening without having to move the other cushion. 

Tom & Catalina
St. Petersburg, Florida
2011 RPod 151 "The Parrot Pod"
2005 Chevy Trailblazer or 2007 Toyota FJ

Always Take the Weather With You.
unlblkrubi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlblkrubi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 6:13pm
Had an old 12-volt cordless drill without a battery laying around that I turned into a camp drill. Simply soidered a 25' lead to the switch and alligater clips on the other end. With a 3/4" socket it lowers my stabilizers fast.Will probably add a 12-volt receptical for this and other 12 volt stuff.
2011 171
2005 Ford F250 Super Duty diesel
2005 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (trail rig)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic