r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

List your mods: NO COMMENTS PLEASE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List your mods: NO COMMENTS PLEASE
    Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 8:52am
If you have come up with any kind of modification for your Pod please list it here.  NO DISCUSSIONS PLEASE!  Lets keep the mods in one place.

Maybe the Admin can make this a sticky so that it always appears at the top of the list?

Terry

EDIT: A description of how you did your mod would be helpful to.  Or people could just send a message and ask about it.
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 9:52am
curtain modification Rpod 171
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 9:53am
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 9:54am
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 9:55am
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 9:58am
    I am still learning at posting pictures. The above pictures are modifications of curtains for the Rpod 171.     David and Danette
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
rabuol View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabuol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 1:32pm
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 4:31pm
PUR Ultimate Water Filter on Sink

gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 4:40pm
Not sure if this qualifies at a mod, or an installation, or what.   But I tend to be a bit of of a weather geek.   So installed an weather station/atomic clock in the trailer.  Has a unit that I have mounted on the wall that sets with atomic time, has an alarm (god forbid that I would need one), as well as indoor/outdoor temp and humidity.   Also gives a weather outlook forcast.

Has an ourdoor sensor.  (Second Picture before installed) that has a base that I have screwed to outside of trailer.   Sensor unit just pushes onto the bracket and is designed to be attached with a screw.   I leave the bracket on the rig but remove the sensor and stow it inside while towing.   

EDIT 9-13-2009 20:16:  Since so many folks have sent private messages asking
Lacrosse WS-9115U  Got it for 50% off clearance price at fred meyer.
The external sensor is wireless, and unit can talk to up to 3 external wireless temp/humidity sensors.  Have one sensor outside while parked (bring it inside when towing.)  And have a second sensor on order to stick in my fridge to monitor fridge temp.  
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 4:10pm
Cleaning up TV Power and Antenna Connections / Making Life Easier  PART #1

The power cable for the TV in the 172 runs up a hole into a cabinet above the sink.   I really never liked having an uncovered outlet in a cabinet with something plugged into, with everthing in the cabinet bouncing around.   Decided to put an outdoor "in-use" cover on the outlet to protect the plug and outlet.

TayMac Low Profile Cover  ML400G from Lowes

View of inside of the cabinet.   Before modification.  You see the outlet, and tv cord is currently unplugged.   On the right you see the antenna/cable connections.  (did some modification there as well, but that is for another post)

The white trim ring around thw power outlet just pops off easily with a putty knife or a screw driver.  The picture for this step didn't turn out.   But when its off you wil see two screw holes in the outlet underneath.  With the cover removed, line up the grey outlet box with the outlet.   And just screw onto the outlet with the two small screws included with the grey outlet box.

With the box on its looks like this.  Now what it pretty neat about this particular outdoor box, is the center part of the cover is exapandable.  So you can plug in your tv and close the cover and it protects the outlet and plug.

With TV plugged in it looks like this.

The above wasn't really what I was going for. As I had already purchased a small surge protector with a flat right angle plug.   As I wanted to have a surge protector mounted  under the cabinet by the tv.
Picture of the surge protector I picked up (at lowes)

Above is a picture of the surge protector plugged in, and the protective cover locked down flat.   

Still have a bit of work to do on this mod, will cover that in Part 2.  Which is the A/B switch for the antenna/cable hookup.   Mounting of surge protector.  And wiring/mounting of a RF Modulator to allow my portable VCR to hook into the TV. (Audiovox TV that comes with RPOD has video out, no video in, how stupid)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic