r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rpod hybrids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 10:13am
REMOVED FOR COPYRIGHT
duder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 10:17am
seems like a pop up to me, losing out on the quiet, snug and dryness of the POD!Wink
Chuck and Bev
2010 R-Pod 172

Happy Trails!!!!
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 10:28am
Same for us, we've done popups all along and this was an intentional move into something quieter and less drafty.  BUT, I love this concept and am all for it.  It will make for a very roomy hypod.  Add the slide-out too, and you won't know what to do with all the room.

Oh, and now I see they are keeping the curves by using a curved piece and using it as a roof and not the base.  Cool.  That will keep the roof from pooling/puddling like many hybrids/popups do, but that also means more weight for a slide-out base.  I wonder if it will be usable for "turtling", where hybrid owners can sleep inside w/o opening it up (good for quick overnighters).  Possibly not.  When closed it will have to cover the dinette, or be sandwiched between upper and lower cabinets, probably covering the sink/stove in the process.  Still good for loading up before a trip but not turtling.  Completely guessing of course...  can't wait to see the floor plans.  Smile
'10 Forest River R-pod 171
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 10:50am
There had better be a very durable seal where the canvas meets the body.  All the rain water from that hard top is going to run right down to that seal.

It does look interesting though.

Terry
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 10:55am
REMOVED FOR COPYRIGHT
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 11:02am
You can see that its held up by bunk-end supports, much like a popup.  It doesn't look like there's anything in the back end of the r-pod (cabinets, etc), at least as far as the rear streetside window.  I wonder if the bunk stays horizontal and just slides out?  Would FR slide out the rear bunk just for a few extra feet of maneuvering room?

Is that an air mattress in there?  And... it looks like the spare tire is on the "roof"?  Why put that weight up there?
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 11:14am
Originally posted by rpodcamper.com rpodcamper.com wrote:

ok something stange is going on.  There was a second picture posted that I see in my e-mail but it is not here and then a post made about the pic is gone also......................

That was not an r-pod photo.. it was a new v-cross super lite - wait until you see this super lite camper .. it is under 4,000 pounds... very nice.

rpodcamper.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 11:24am
REMOVED FOR COPYRIGHT

Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 11:51am
Is that half a R-dome or a new awning setup. Wink 

Lee

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 12:43pm

Looks like the same r-dome to me.  Its just all unzipped and rolled up.

Also looks like the supports attach to the stabs, so if you rip one off you have a problem, Houston.

'10 Forest River R-pod 171
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic