r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rpod hybrids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 2:20pm
I "REALLY" looked at hybrid trailers, including jayco and others.  THey had alot of space for a small tow weight.  But it still had the same problem that I was trying to get away from by getting away from my tent trailer.   And that is dealing with wet and dirty canvas that I would have to try out if it rained while we where camping.   I think if the hybrid rpod was available before I still would have gone with a 172.
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 3:41pm
We also looked at hybrids before buying, but heard too much about condensation in and around the sleeping area that we decided staying clean and dry was more important than having the extra space. Don't like the idea of bringing in dirt/dampness when breaking camp either. 

Pass on this model. Disapprove
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 3:55pm
After a long day of driving or anything for that matter, pull up, plug in and relax, no assembly required.

I reach a time of my life where less is more.

FR is probably trying in attract a younger group, who are expanding versus downsizing.

LOVE MY POD
Lee

RPODADMIN, only one pic..your just teasing us.
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
kotasnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 8:02am
NOT A FAN...
Chrysler town and country
Eastern roundup site 10
R-pod 175
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 8:42am
The hypods may well open up possibilities for a different consumer market, perhaps larger families.  This is a good thing.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 10:55am
I agree, that the hybrids will open up the rpod product line to a whole new set of individuals who previously wouldn't consider them.    I think that most of folks who currently who currently own r-pod (with a few exceptions) had purchased them to elminate maintanence and setup issues associated with tent trailers and hybrids.   I do applaud forest river for expanding the line and continuing to adapt it to make it more flexible to different buyers needs.
Gomjabber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gomjabber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 2:22pm
Yep, me, wife, two kids under 3 and big yellow dog.
I wish I could see more pics of this.
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 3:27pm

My first impression is that I personally would not be interested in this. We had a popup, and we like our rPod the way it is: not having to deal with the canvas. However, I'd still be interested in actually seeing one and poking around in it. Never say never. Different strokes for different folks, etc., etc. You think we have issues with tourists wanting to see our campers now, think about the crowds that will gather around one of these hypods (thanks Techntrek).

Buuuut, think about this: if it was set up in such a way that you had a choice whether or not you deployed the canvas, that would definitely change my mind. Think how versatile that would be, and probably the only camper on the market with that feature.

We may have to invent that one ourselves, though.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
cowboydan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboydan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 5:04am
d
Gomjabber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gomjabber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 5:34am
I have seen one picture on the bottom of page 1?  Are there more somewhere else?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic