r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rpod hybrids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 9:54am
It will take a shakeout - the RV industry is the same as the auto was - too many 'old' time exec's and owner dealers that refuse to adapt to changing business climate. It is comical how they fear and fail to understand the internet .. instead they try and push against it or ignore it... big mistake. The consumer is getting wiser and more informed every day - the dealers and manufacturers that recognize this and cater to it will succeed...
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 10:22am
You are so correct.  I found the R Pod by using the internet, and I have read every post on this forum.  When we go to get the pod, I will be looking under the pod, inside the drawers, and anywhere else you have suggested!   LOL
I am sure that there is someone from FR who gets on every day and reads these posts.  I, also, can almost bet you that someone at Couch's and probably other dealerships are reading the posts.
KEEP IT UP PODDERS!! I appreciate it.
Pepperpod
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 11:24am
If the dealers and Forrest River are not reading these posts then they are missing out on an excellent source of information.  They would be able to serve their customers better and happy customers recommend other customers!!Big smile
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 11:56am
It took a long time for the automobile to get where it is today. The biggest changes I think were in the 1980"s. I think that was mainly due to competition from Japan. With China now importing the Icamp a small fiberglass trailer, I think that others will follow. There is room for improvement they see this and they will try and build something better. North America has a lead and more experience but other countrys may catch up. My own experience having owned a Icamp is that they had some good ideas and some of it was good quality. But it was not very practical as a camper that is my opinion. It too had some quality issues. Usually you get what you pay for. But sometimes you may get something made well for a lower price than the competition. Sometimes it may be junk money wasted. The Rpod is good but it could of been better. The price was low it was worth what it cost. If it were better the price would of been most likely higher.  Smile    Happy camping     David
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by rpodAdmin rpodAdmin wrote:

A Japanese company like Toyota, Honda, etc will eventually take notice and come in a change this industry. They will bring their level if quality control and marketing to the industry they will blow the US manufactures up. And again, we will hear them crying about how jobs are lost, etc... they had better wake up now.

There is more margin opportunity on an RV than a new car, they will not let that business opportunity go for long...

This is one of the reason's I bought a Honda Truck (first year '06).
I had heard so many horror stories about Amercian product recalls, problems, Dealer issues .... etc etc etc ...

Im not proud that I did, but wanted to at least try it.
Best vehicle Ive ever owned !!!

1-recall .... tire air-valve caps ....
They mailed them to us .....

We have yet to see how it tows the Pod .... more to come on that !!!

We have learned alot about issues with the POD from this forum. But we are very
excited about getting the POD, learning about all its quirks, getting ideas from
other POD owners as to addressing the quirks, and possibly coming up with a
few suggestions ourselves. There are some very intelligent people that gather here,
(evidently because they have way to much time on their hands) and we are thankful
for each and every one !!!
Without forums such as this one the POD would be just another inexpensive, poorly constructed RV trailer made by some out-of-touch company trying to create a product to sell to a particular consumer base.

I believe that Couch's draws so many people for a good reason.
I bet most of their employees are Campers like us ....

Its the owner that makes it happen !!!

HAPPY PODing !!!
cowboydan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboydan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 5:43am
I am a dealer, I read the posts. 
cowboydan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboydan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 5:55am
d
nemebean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemebean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 11:43am
I see the specs are now posted on Forest River's website - the new models seem to all have the 36/35/35 tank sizes like the non-slide original versions.  I'm curious whether that was a typo or if they figured out how to fit the full-size tanks in the new models, and also whether this means they won't have split drain outlets.  Those two things were really the only drawbacks for me to the slideout models and if they're gone then it would be a no-brainer.
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 12:50pm
I am curious to see what the tongue weights are going to be when they get around to announcing them.   I would assume the tent mechanism of the unit will add weight to the back, which should in theory counterbalance more weight at the front which would reduce the tongue weight.
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 3:18pm
Cool, the 176T has a slide-out along with the hybrid pull-out.
'10 Forest River R-pod 171
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic