r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV/Antenna Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 9:27am
Originally posted by dragonfly's r-pod dragonfly's r-pod wrote:

IN THE SETUP YOU MUST CHOOSE  "AIR" OR "CABLE".

Once you've chosen "air" in the TV setup menu, I found that you have to turn the little "booster" light on, or the antenna won't work at all. Assuming all the pods have the same antenna model, I guess.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 11:59am
Yes, us too. In the TV setup we set to "Air" then made sure the booster is on, then did
a channel scan. Worked fine. We watch alot of sports, so for Christmas we bought a DTV
"Sat-Go". 19" HD TV with disk in the case. As soon as weather allows we are going to set
it up and try it out. It was half price so we thought we'd give it a go.
Heidi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 12:30pm
Anyone know where the booster is in a 175??
we R-pod people
175 ,2 peeps and one small horse
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 1:00pm
Ours (177) is located in the little Entertainment center above the bed.
The little red light and the button for the booster in on the cable/sat connector
wall-plate inside the Entertainment center. Red light on = booster on / Red light
off = booster off.
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 2:45pm
Heidi, the booster button is inside the cabinet the tv/dvd hangs from.  It is a small black button on the bottom of where the cable hooks to the wall outlet inside the cabinet.  Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

Heidi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 11:19pm
Thanks for your help
we R-pod people
175 ,2 peeps and one small horse
barbanjoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbanjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 10:41am
we have had our tv unit replaced twice so far in 3months of life. The first time the remote in tv would not work, then the display would not work. Both times they sent the dealer a complete unit with remote and all.
R Pod 171
Jeep Liberty
Desert Dwellers
Barb and Joe
dogipod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogipod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 8:59pm
We've been okay with 'air' setting (no cable/sat plugged in), sometimes we forget the booster and 'scanning' for channels, but we are getting used to troubleshooting that.

We did try cable hookup at one site and found out that our cable/satellite hookups outside were mislabelled.  Luckily, we had wi-fi at that site, so I could look up the issue on r-pod nation's search of older posts and was able to solve the problem.  Seems that this has happened before to others, so it's a good thing to keep in mind.
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 1:46pm
I also find the tv/booster pretty useless where I live, which is about an hour from Wichita. I only get one or two channels, but I will test it out when we head out for our first real trip on Sunday. In the mean time, I just have a collection of dvds in the pod- the wife just rolls her eyes because I must have watched "The Sphere" a dozen times while modding the pod.

Karl
wec38 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wec38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 2:01pm
When we picked up our 175 we were in the country at the dealership in Winston Salem, NC and the dealer turned on the TV while giving us a demo.  It picked up signal pretty good using the antenna on the roof.  We'll try it out this weekend and hopefully will get the same results.
Clint & Justin
Charlotte, NC
2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L
2010 R-Pod 175
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic