r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV/Antenna Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCRaiderFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV/Antenna Issues
    Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 9:12am
Just wondering if anyone else other than myself was having reception problems with their TV?
N.C. Campers
Ric, Susan, Paige
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 3:10pm
I found that the thing is virtually useless unless you turn the "booster" on, located inside the overhead galley cupboard.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 6:48pm

On the wingard rs-1500 you are only connected to the antenna when the amp is on.   When the amp is off it actually connects the TV to the cable input outside the trailer.   There are two connectors outside the trailer.  ONe that says "cable" the other says "Sat".   When the amp is off you are actually connected to the one that says "cable" onside.    WHich allows you to use cable tv at sites that have it without having to move cable inside of trailer.

"When the RS-1500 is turned off, auxiliary input is automatically connected to the TV. "

HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 4:31am

Aha! So I'm not crazy after all. Thanks for the info.

I got several bits of information from my dealer during my initial walkthrough that I later found to be not quite right. This "booster button" happened to be one of them.

Maybe the dealers should join this forum, and I should read all the manuals.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
JJ2SPIRIT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJ2SPIRIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 1:19pm
Angry  can only get tv when hooked up to cable...otherwise forget it,i quit trying Thumbs Down
JoAnne
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 2:10pm
Mine works just fine.  I get all the same channels that I'd get with a good pair of rabbit ears - not that that is saying much...
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
NCRaiderFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCRaiderFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 7:22am
Sad thing is I camp with a friend and he sets his TV outside his pop-up, runs a cable from the TV to the frame of his camper and gets more channels and better reception than I have ever goten so far.
N.C. Campers
Ric, Susan, Paige
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 8:50am
I'm in Columbus and don't have any problem with tv reception.  I have a great picture at home, Alum Creek and at Deer Creek.  There might be something wrong with your hook up.  Do you turn on the booster and then channel scan?
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
penny-podding View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penny-podding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 8:18am
This trip I could not get the cable to work at all. So I went to unscrew the hook-up from the camper outlet and it was stuck. I turned and turned until eventually I ended up unscrewing the little port thingy from the outlet! "No problem," I thought. "I'll just get it unscrewed and put it back." Well, that was not a good plan. When I went to put the connector thing back into the port, the inside cable had dropped out of position and it was just a hole. Got to take the pod in for another repair and will get the dealer to deal with this, too. We actually don't watch TV much when camping, but I like the local news and weather in the mornings, when we can get anything. Never got the antenna to work on its own.
The Penny-Pod is on the road!
Penny & Russell
R-Pod 172
2006 Ford Expedition - Darth Vedar!
dragonfly's r-pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonfly's r-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 8:50am
IN THE SETUP YOU MUST CHOOSE  "AIR" OR "CABLE".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic