r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sewer Hose Storage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 9:37am
Very nice systems here !!! All of them !!!

It's great to have a choice !!!
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Brin Brin wrote:

This is what Craig came up with.   A 6 inch PCV pipe that he mounted between the LP tanks and the battery.  The toilet wand and connections fit in it together.  He didn't want to mount it beneath the trailer as we sometimes have to travel off road through rutted fields with the pod. 

Great Job,  I actually was thinking of a 6 inch PCV pipe (even picked up the ends on sale) and was trying to figure out how to mount it, when the Fence idea came around. 

Love your Dual battery and LP system (maybe next year).

LeeClap

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footslogger03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 8:52am
Originally posted by gmandual gmandual wrote:

Will have more once I finish getting both mounted to trailer and tube cut to length.

Top part that will mount to frame is 8" long brackets made of 3/16 angle iron

6" long grade 8 bolts.

Bottom part is 1inch wide 3/16 flat iron, 6.5 inches long. 

=============================

Great mod - - just curious though    ...why you went with a square drain hose holder rather than a round piece of PVC ?

Thanks,

Mark J

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 11:22am
OH that's easy...Someone posted directions and I was able to followLOL
 A woman with instructions is a dangerous thing! Wink

The round PVC they sell for the sewer hose is 4" round so that means none of the fancier attachments will fit.  If you go to 6" Round PVC is a heavier (thicker wall) and ME_OF_LITTLE_SKILL would have had a hard time attaching (I was looking around when this design came out).  They are 6" Vinyl Fence Posts that are really light weight and easy to cut to size. 

I also kept the extra cutter and use it to hold the sewer line at an angle.  I use the front two for sewer hoses, spray cans etc.  The back to have the poles for the r-dome, tent stakes, umbrella pole, extension cord for outside lights, clips and such for outside area.  I haven't figure the actual storage area, but this is what I have.  6"x 6" X 80", is a lot of room and makes setup and take down easier for me, I have mine set so they can slide out either direction.

Hope this answers your question.
LeeStar 

duck42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duck42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 3:26pm
Why is it all these sewer holder mods (and other Pod mods) that us "amateurs" have come up with are better than the original Forest River factory design? Don't they hire professionals to do these designs? Maybe they should hire some amateurs (that actually use these campers)!
Alex&Marie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex&Marie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 7:56pm
Great idea, thanks. BTW, what did you use for "end caps" to close off the 6"x6" posts? are there things made that can be attached to the posts for that purpose?

Alex and Marie
2012 R-pod 177, 2006 Toyota Tundra

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Alex&Marie Alex&Marie wrote:

Great idea, thanks. BTW, what did you use for "end caps" to close off the 6"x6" posts? are there things made that can be attached to the posts for that purpose?

Yes, they are normally with the posts (there a piece to glue to the post then the cap fits snugly), then you just drill a hole for a handle and to secure.  

I don't think they sold well in the South, because my Lowes doesn't stock them anymore, but you can still order them.

LeeStar
wbillar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbillar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 4:35pm
This was one of the best mod's I made.  Thanks to Butterfly Lee, it was a lot easier than It would have been with trial and error.
Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic