r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sewer Hose Storage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 1:24pm

gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 7:19pm

PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 3:28am
This system looks great !!! We will definitely add this mod
by next Spring.
Bigbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 4:00am

After the frustrations that I have had with the R-Pod supplied sewer hose storage tube, this and a new mattress are my next two pod-mods!

Regards,

Bigbit

2010 Trailmanor Elkmont
Tow Vehicle: 2009 Buick Enclave CXL (Cliffy)
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 6:07am

I took my factory-supplied tube off this weekend.  I use a large toolbox to store my hose so I'm never going to use it - but I like this mod enough I might try it.

'10 Forest River R-pod 171
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 11:25am
gmandual:

The angle iron that attaches to the frame, did you drill through the frame and used a screw and nut (w/lockwasher) or a metal screw to the frame.

Picked up all the parts (except the above), and I'm going to put it together tomorrow morning before it gets to hot to work outside.  (It's 90degrees today, can't even try out my heater for the next trip north).  Also what did you use to cut with.  I have hack saw, skill saw and a circular saw, I think the last one is over kill.  Also have tin snips that should work on the vinyl gutter.

Thanks for all the pictures.  As always I take the instructions to Lowes and they help me find all the things I need.

LeeWink
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 1:52pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 4:23pm
I don't have to cut the angle iron in came in 6" pieces, so I don't have to cut that.

I do also have a hand saw, (but being a woman I try power tools first, sometimes I just don't have the raw strength needed.  WORST comes to WORST I can always get someone to cut for me.  

About the gas line, the screw thats holding it in place, puts the gasline and screw out just enough so there isn't a neat fit.  I'm going to take out the screw and see it I can move it a little otherwise I guess I'll just have to move the whole thing over at least an inch.  So maybe go back to up closer to the tongue.  

Metal Screw (self tapping?)then lock washer, the Lowes guy told me that once I got everything together and was happy then I should use the threadlock.  Did you and should I use the threadlock stuff first time attaching to the frame, or should I do a dry dry first? What will the do to the metal screw?  Should I have a second set for once I sure. 

Thanks for your patience and help.Thumbs Up  My generation of women weren't allowed in auto shop or wood shop, but here we are doing it all with a little help from our friends.  

Sweatin' in South Texas
Lee

gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 4:50pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 12:02pm
 A woman with instructions is also a very dangerous thing.

Sewer Hose Holder CompleteStar

Cut a 7ft long piece, Use Hack Saw on both Fence Post and Gutter

The Post cap I got was a little different so I put an eye screw instead, added washers after pictures.

Handles were pretty quick

Put a piece of 3" wood where the hose end and the gives me room for other things.  Just an example.

FINALLY EVERYTHING IN ONE PLACE

THE HOLDER extends 41/2 inches out on either side.  If I don't like it, I can always make it shorter.  I just hate to bend over and then under to get to things. 

Thanks for all the help.
Lee
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic