r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sewer Hose Storage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 5:49am
Pepperpod

Last question first, the hope it tht it will stay on, my son said the little cords won't last long, but I'll probably put bigger ones later.  The cords connect to the metal eye screw and pull the cap back tight.  Plus as you can see from the picture there is a little insert that comes with it that makes the cap fit snug.  I will be gluing that to the cap.

First Question.. The thread talks about self tapping screws that is what hold it to the frame.
I use the 3/8 ones and their pretty strong.  there is a link to that as well.  The spot I (we) picked has the gas line running right by it, and causes a little problem on the drivers side of the pod, but the other side it flush with the black water tank.  I just unscrewed the holding screw (to the frame)and now the line rests on the holder (it really doesn't have alot of movement it's a copper line).  Couple other problems with this side is I screwed the angle iron (which lowes sales in small strips) a little high on the frame.  I didn't want to make more holes so I just got longer holding bolts to make up for the difference (one side has 5.5 bolts and the other 6).  Secondly I bolted the angle iron to the frame and didn't have the bolts in, so right now it's upside down.  I'll have to detach everything and put it back together (and use the threadlock), when it's not so hot out.  Should be no big deal (of course I say that now)LOL.

As always, I start work on the disconnect switch (which I'll post later), and I have to go back to the store and get something. 

Hope that helps.
Lee
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 8:21am
Nice job Lee.  I'm inspired to make this mod now.

Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 9:52am
Wow! You go girl.

You make this sound so easy and understandable. Kudos to both you and gmandual for a great mod. The rain gutter to make it an easy pull out and give extra storage for other items is terrific.

This is a definite keeper.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 12:19am
Warning...not all fence posts are created equal.  I used the appx 5" square.  Which is what is needed for the sewer hose...there are smaller ones out there, not all stores carry the correct size.  

LeeClap  
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 6:35am
For an easier alternative, just get a sewer hose case from Camping World and be done with it. No cutting or guess work with this.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
Bigbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 8:44am
Kenn,

While your approach will work, it lacks the feature of the slide out tray (see below) which greatly reduces the mess and fuss of handling dirty, germ-ridden sewer hoses. The mod was a piece of cake to do, once you find the right post, cap and gutter pieces, all available at Lowe's.

Regards,

Bigbit

2010 Trailmanor Elkmont
Tow Vehicle: 2009 Buick Enclave CXL (Cliffy)
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Kenn Kenn wrote:

For an easier alternative, just get a sewer hose case from Camping World and be done with it. No cutting or guess work with this.
Unless Camping World has a new product, the elbows and newer attachments will not fit (especially the Rhino hose that I had), because I went to the store and tried it outDead.   That was my dilemma as a novice (i still consider my self a newbe) to camping last year, is I wanted all the sewer parts to be together and not near other storage, or may I just a little OCDConfused

I guess thats also why a have three water proof tool boxes, one attached to the tongue with all the things needed to hitch up the Podterfly, second one for r-dome and outside stuff (cords, stakes, suction cups etc) and third for tricycle stuff (helmets, gloves, bug spray and sunscreen for cycle trips).   Sorry got off topic.

You might want to check out the early posts (spring/summer last year) on sewers, we were all going around and around trying to find a better way, till someone (who I THANK very much) found the mod on a another website.

Anyway that's my five cents.

LeeClap
jjbescher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjbescher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:44am
I am going to be broke after doing all these mods you guys keep coming up with.
R-Pod 173T towed by a 2003 Honda Pilot
Site # 164 Eastern Roundup
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 1:15pm
We have a box that holds both our elbows (15' main and the 10' "el cheapo" emergency hose).

I must admit that I do like the design you have with the sliding holder and if I had to do it over again, I would probably do it your way. Although, from the looks of your holder, I don't think it will hold a dominator hose. So, there goes the dilemma again...LOL

No need to go broke on this hobby: just set your priorities on what you really need before your wants.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:31pm
This is what Craig came up with.   A 6 inch PCV pipe that he mounted between the LP tanks and the battery.  The toilet wand and connections fit in it together.  He didn't want to mount it beneath the trailer as we sometimes have to travel off road through rutted fields with the pod. 
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic