r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mysterious Track

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 7:48am
The 172 comes with the foam mattress for the bunks.  We bought our foam for the dinette from Sam's Club and we leave the dinette made up as our bed.  We eat outside most of the time, but if we need the table, we just fold the foam back.  It works our well for us because when I make the bed, I cover only the foam with the  bedding and it all folds up into the foam.  We love all the extra storage in the 172 and that is why we choose it.

Enjoy your Rpod as much as we do ours.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 7:55am
That track may be for the Rdome screen room.  Does it run all across the top of the trailer?  
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 11:28am
Originally posted by yizit yizit wrote:

That track may be for the Rdome screen room.  Does it run all across the top of the trailer?  

It's on his slide out.  The opposite side of the trailer.

Terry
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 11:49am
It's probably for a canopy that goes over slide out to keep the leaves and sticks off of it and keep all that outside intead of bringing it in..  Our fifth wheel has a canopy over it, but when I thought about it,  it sure woud have to be really short.  I got the 174 and it has a track on it too.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
Brenda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 1:13pm
Hi:
We just bought a 174 as well and ordered a slide cover that fits into that slot. It goes in and out with the slide providing cover so rain, needles, dirt etc. don't get caught when using it.
We thought it was worth it.
Brenda
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 1:53pm
I just ordered one for my 174 too.

jherald02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jherald02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 4:02pm
Where did you order them?
Let's hit the road!
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 4:38am
I ordered it from Bob Cox Camper Country in Knoxville, TN . Your dealer should be able to order you one and install it. I don't know how much they are, at that moment I didn't care.  I hope I don't get faint when I find out!

Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 8:38am
I just got a call from the dealer where I ordered my slide out topper and they said Forest River said "Do not install that on our unit!" They gave no explanation of why so if anybody has one ordered, cancel it, I guess. 

manchester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 2:50pm
I asked my son to request a slide on the opposite side also , he too , was refused. I can't remember exactly why but I kind of think it's because the dump valves are on that side.   My husband says it's because of fumes, they're afraid you'd put the tent there and enclose . The furnace is on that side, I think.
happy camper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic