r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have our 171 home

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We have our 171 home
    Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 3:15pm
Big smile We drove our 171 home from Country Campers in WI just in time for a snow and ice storm.  Here is a picture of it next to our house.  Can't wait to go camping.

RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
NY r-pod'r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NY r-pod'r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 10:27am
I hope we are done with snow ... did not you get the battery with it?
Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 11:39am
Sorry NY but it's headed your way!  Big smile  We didn't get the battery or AC or TV or micro.  We  do have the antenae and are planning on adding 2 batteries connected together, in series or parallel (I can't remember)  because a smart guy told us that we get more energy out of two smaller batteries that way.  I decorate and let my husband do that other stuff.  The hitch is wired to charge the camper battery when we travel so hopefully we won't need a generator.  We travel north to the UP in July and August and have rarely wished we had AC.  We can add it later they said.  We'll see how the camper cools off at night.  We can run the fan off the battery they said.  This is new for us...our old trailer was a pop up with huge windows all around.  That may make a difference.         
RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic