r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sealant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sealant
    Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 8:39am
Received this in today's mail from Forest River:

Rpod models with serial numbers L004101 through L005085 may have inadequate sealant under all four corners where the side bottom rails meet both the front and rear bottom rails.

Your selling dealer has been notified of this bulletin so you may want to make an appointment to have this looked into, or you can do the simple re-sealing of the four bottom corners yourself with 650 sealant. The area in question is where the bottom side rails meet in the corners to the rear and front rails. There should be sealant to cover any area of the floor where the rails do not touch one another.

For questions contact Susan Thornberg at (574) 642-3119 x205 or your selling dealer.

I'd do it myself if it's not too expensive rather than drive to the dealer, but what the heck is 605 sealant and where does one get this goop?
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 8:53am
I'll venture a guess that they're talking about TremPro 650.  I've seen it in stock at a large RV dealer near me...
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
Scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 6:35am

I called Temco, the parent company for the sealant and the 650 sealant is available at Fastenal stores nationwide.

go to http://www.fastenal.com/web/home.ex and search using your zip code for the nearest store.

Scott
Scott & Ann
Colorado Springs, CO
RP-172, '98 Ford Explorer
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 7:02am
There is another thread about this: http://www.rpodnation.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=609

Terry
Snooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 12:59pm
Looks like we fall in to the serial number category for this S/B.

The dealer wasn't aware of this Service Bulletin, so we will have to look into this a little more.

Doug
Snooper
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic