r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

172 Bunk Lid Cylinders (pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 10:49am

HuronSailor

NOPE...I TRIED A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT ANGLES,  There's not enough clearance to stand it vertically, it's pretty tight.  I'll try again this afternoon, maybe I just had it a  bad angle  or maybe my top bunk is a little lower then yours.  It's not impossible to make the changes, (I have some clamps I can use to hold the support board in place while I screw it down), just crawling around is harder then working off a work bench.

(Seems weird but I was answering a different message...did you edit??? Since it will take a little bend I try that).

Again your instructions as always are great.  Two projects for the weekend cylinders and 12 volt, gettting ready for camping next week.  You said that your r pod came with 12volt.  Where is it located, and is it on a seperate fuse?  Opps wrong thread.  Can you answer that in the 12 volt thread. 

Thanks,
LeeClap

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 11:38am

I did edit, evidently your reply and my edit crossed paths.

.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 6:23pm
Quite impressive Huron Sailor!
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 12:22pm
Why thank you. That mod is actually an old post from last summer.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 12:09pm
Six months or more in the making or more and it's DONEClapClapClap....

Lowes largest piano hinge was 48 inches so I centered it, and moved the hinges that were their closer to the ends (offset about 2 inches).  Never got the board out (didn't try to much), actually it wasn't bad putting everything in with the board in place. 

Didn't realize that the cylinder holders come in pairs, so I have extra, maybe I'll get small cylinders and do the bench seat as well.

No pictures because HuronSailor's are so good.  Thanks again for posting

LeeClap  
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 9:36pm
Lol,

Looks like Lee was a a bit ahead of me on this mod.  Have had parts since last fall and finally got around to putting things in the pod today.   Was raining today so was a good excuse to go hide in the pod for a day of projects.   Took a bit of crawling around in there to get it installed but boy is this going to make things easier.   Hopefully it rains again tomorrow so I have an excuse not to mow the lawn and spend another day on podmods.

Aoj1006 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoj1006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 10:53am
Compleated this mod the other day with a couple changes. I did not remove the bed board, was pretty easy without having to do that, did need an extra hand to help with tightening the cylinder mounts. Also, upon first closure, the strip of wood on the right side holding the bottom cylinder mount, came of the wall, too much pressure. So I replaced the staples holding the wood on with screws and reinforced both side pieces of wood with L brackets. Works great! Thanks for the great instructions. We are currently using the stock mattress with a 3inch memory foam topper.
RPOD 172, 2014 Ford Explorer Limited
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic