r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Ourpod" Blog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Ourpod" Blog
    Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 4:47am
If anyone is interested, here's a link to our rPod blog. It's mostly of interest to family and friends, but I thought the group might find the idea interesting. Not much on there yet, but it will grow over time. It needs a little snappier name, I know. All suggestions will be appreciated and considered. Feel free to leave comments if you want.

We've been doing this for years to keep everybody updated while we were on boating trips. Some of our relatives don't get out too much anymore, and they enjoy getting (small) photos along with the trip updates. The problem was, because of everyone's different email program settings, firewall rules, ISPs, etc., not everyone would get the photos all the time. So we found it better to just update the blog periodically whenever internet service was available, and they could go check the site at their leisure.

.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Bigbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 5:10am
Nice blog.  I enjoyed the photos.

Question on your R-Dome: Did you use the snaps that came with the R-Dome to fasten it to the R-Pod, or soemthing else?
Regards,

Bigbit

2010 Trailmanor Elkmont
Tow Vehicle: 2009 Buick Enclave CXL (Cliffy)
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 5:17am

Thanks. Like I said, it's mostly for family/friends. Not much to take photos of that weekend either due to the weather.

We use suction cups to hold the rdome flaps to the trailer.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
JeepPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 7:00am
Great Blog!  Thanks for sharing that with the rest of the Podders!

Do you think you could post some photos of the screens you put on your Pod to keep the dirt daubers out?

I would like to put some on mine and would love to see how you did your!

Thanks!  Much appreciated!
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
2001 Ford Expedition-Tow Vehicle
2010 Model 172 R-Pod
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 7:35am
Great BLOG    

Not to take away from your BLOG, for those who didn't know there is also a FACEBOOK Page for R-POD owners Called "R-Pod Owners", just go to Facebook and search the name.  It's public you don't have to join (I don't think).  

I use Facebook to update friends and family when I'm on a trip, it's a lot easier for posting pictures (have a couple of albums of r-pod stuff, because of course i haven't had time to visit everyone yet).

R-pod Nation.com is still the cats meow and the best source of information and r-pod friends around.Thumbs Up (don't want to hurts it's feelings)

Have a great Poding Day.
Lee

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 7:45am
Now that's what I need.  Another source of info on the r pod and I don't have time now to keep up with rpod nation posts and do all the honey do jobs.  Retirement is great if you don't weaken.  I have to go make some wheel chocks for the 177 I don't have. and clean out the work room so I can get this years wine perkin.Emoticons
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 8:27am
Butterfly: Didn't know about the MyFace page. SWMBO will check it out, she knows all about that. Thanks.

Sandpiper: "Retirement is great if you don't weaken." I love that. I want it on a bumper sticker.
Bigbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 9:11am
Originally posted by HuronSailor HuronSailor wrote:

Thanks. Like I said, it's mostly for family/friends. Not much to take photos of that weekend either due to the weather.

We use suction cups to hold the rdome flaps to the trailer.
Sorry to be a pest, HuronSailor. 

I take it you mean the suction cup hooks like these: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95250

To attach the canvas to the hook, did you drill or cut out the canvas in the middle of each grommet, or do something else?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,

Bigbit

2010 Trailmanor Elkmont
Tow Vehicle: 2009 Buick Enclave CXL (Cliffy)
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 9:32am
Sandpiper Face book is more pictures and chat.  Not a lot of info, not very many people are active on it (right now).  Keep up with nation and check facebook when you can.

NO REASON to STRESSCry,  that's what retirement is all about RELAX.  Anything exciting shows up I'll link to nation for you.

LeeClap

OK gotta get back to mowing the lawn before the next fron blows through..88 degrees today.  
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 1:29pm

Suction cups like these:

We got them at Wal-Mart or someplace like that. Just stick the wire hook through the center of the grommet and then crimp it over lightly with pliers, capturing the edge of the grommet with the hook, to keep it from falling out. So far, so good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic