r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Camping in Florida

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camping in Florida
    Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 9:06am
We plan to get an R Pod after Christmas, and go to Florida in March for a month to 5 weeks.  Does anyone have any suggestions on good parks in Florida. We like St. Agustine and also the areas around Punta Gorda and also Palm Beach County.
We are planning on getting a 172.  Any thoughts on that model?
Any information would be appreciated.Hug
Thanks,
Pepperpod
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
dragonfly's r-pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonfly's r-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 9:17am
WE ARE ALSO GOING TO FLORIDA THIS WINTER AND HAVE BEEN STRESSING OVER A CAMPGROUND.  Cry
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 9:19am
My brother spends 3 months at a campground in St. Petersburg.  It's on the gulf side.  It's not far from the ocean, has a heated pool and lots of activities.  It's Roberts and is on Gandy Blvd.  Can find out more info if you are interested.  You can find them on the web.
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 9:43am
Thank you for the info.  I think we will find it hard to find a place in March.  A lot of the long term campers are still there.  By the way,  I think that the people in our area (Ohio, Kentucky, Tennesse, etc) should get together next summer and have a group camp of Pods.  I am so jealous of the Texans!!Big smile They are going to have a great time.
Pepperpod
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 12:50pm
Very interested in Florida Campgrounds and also good places to stop along hwy 10.  Hope to be taking a trip there is DEC.  It takes almost a day just to get out of TEXAS.  So I plan at least one if not two stops to get to Tampa Area.    Plus I was thinking we might go down to the keys.  Not sure about that yet.  Just gathering info at this point.

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 2:02pm
Seeing as how I live in Saint Augustine I would be happy to help out in any way I can.  Going to the Keys is best done with reservations.

Terry
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 3:44pm
We spend a lot of time in Fort Myers/Naples area and have just started thinking about whether to find a place to leave the pod there in the winter. Any recommendations would be welcome!
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 7:07am
Ft. Desoto State Park is right on the gulf  and a beautiful park.  Their campbground is right on the water with lots of manatees hanging around.  Lots of folks like to kayak in the areaj.  Don & I winter in St. Pete - not in the pod.  If you're in the area, let us know. 
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 7:12am

Don & I would love to camp out with a group.  We're going to Alum Creek State Park today for our final outing of the year. 

As far as Florida camping, check out the internet.  If you camp inland, you'll have better luck finding a spot.  Unless it's a state park, the campgrounds right on the Gulf are very expensive.  If you go inland a few miles, the price drops significantly.  My brother also stayed at Flagler Beach on the Atlantic side a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it too.

Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 7:22am
Thank you Mary for the info.  I have been looking on the internet and have found some places but you never know what you are getting until you get there.Big smile

I would love for all of us in the area to get together this next summer.  Kentucky has a lot of nice state parks.  There is a reservation system on the internet and plans have to be made ahead of time if we want to camp together as a group.  Let's just keep the gettogether in mind and make plans in the spring.
Pepperpod
R Pod 172

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic