r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats pulling your RPod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 40>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 8:30pm
I recently towed a 7x14 utility trailer with a Pathfinder from WA to NJ without a WDH or sway control, no issues. It was a utility trailer that I loaded properly.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
macmanlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macmanlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 12:49am
It's a trade off.  If you get a bigger truck you may have better performance pulling the trailer, but when your not using it to pull your overall gas mileage will be less.  I was willing to pay the difference in gas on a few trips a year and get decent gas mileage the rest of the time.

2010 R-POD 172 (5 Peas in R-Pod)
2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 8:31pm
Check out my new tow vehicle, only been down the road and around the block testing the new break control.  Next trip Friday can't wait.

I think I need to have the hitched lowered so Podterfly will be a little more level, so it won't be so low in the back.  

I'm thinking of stopping by the dealer on my way out of town.  Better than messing it up myself.

LeeStar

BTW it's a Yukon XL.
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 12:54am
Does your sewer holder(s) able to hold the elbows? If so, would you attach a link to your post for the hose carrier?

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 6:56am
Just install the axle riser and it will level right out and also keep you from scraping the a**-end.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

IPodAlong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IPodAlong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Kenn Kenn wrote:

Does your sewer holder(s) able to hold the elbows? If so, would you attach a link to your post for the hose carrier?

I can't see that in the pic but I too am really interested in somehow doing an adaptation to include a sewer hose with the elbow on it.

I had a dealer level mine better after a couple of runs last fall and haven't really used it except for the ride home; it was much better.  I keep following the strand on the axle risers.  Maybe later.....

Love your vehicle.  I know I'm eventually gonna have to get something else but for now.....(I'm pulling with a V6 Highlander)
2010 Rp 171
Towed with 2011 Ford Expedition
Co-pilots: Abby & Brownie
"No one can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." -- Anon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 8:20am
Podterfly has risers, and mudd flaps too...You just can see them in the picture.

Here is the link to the sewer hose...

I the pictuures you can see which elbows fit.  The only thing that doesn't it I have a clear piece that you can connect a water hose to, Keeo that is a ZIP lock in the storage.

LeeStar
macmanlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macmanlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 8:41am
What are those two white boxes under the pod?

2010 R-POD 172 (5 Peas in R-Pod)
2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 11:06am
Two store sewer hoses, Long and Short plus parts.  Two store poles for r-dome, tent stakes, extension cord for lights, spray cans and a small propane can.

Link above tells how to install.

LeeStar
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 6:14pm
nice ride, Lee!!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 40>
  Share Topic