r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats pulling your RPod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 40>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 3:55pm
I have read that in Europe they have a different way of figuring the town limit and that sets it higher.  A more realistic amount.  Like my Liberty is rated to tow 5,000 pounds but in Europe it is a lot higher, how much I don't remember.

Terry
Chieko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chieko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 6:25pm

We pulled with Ford Explorer 1998. It has 180K on it.  Sleepy Wow. It is V-6. We did 296 Miles away for one way we camped. No problem. Just little hard to climb up to the hill. We highly recommend Weight Distribution Hitch, otherwise your truck will have lots of bounce going over any bumps, and will sway alot in the wind.  ---David and Chieko

Bill & Greg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill & Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 4:26am
We have a 172, we pull it with a 2007 Chev Trailblazer with a 6cyl.  We installed a sway bar on it.  I'm thinking it will get around 12 mpg.  That is what we got with our last camper, which was about the same size and weight.   
Joe & Cissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe & Cissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 8:47am
2003 Dodge Dakota 3.9 V6 automatic w/ tow package. MPG dropped to @ 10 from 18
Always Welcome at OuR-POD
NCRaiderFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCRaiderFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 3:53pm
We are using a 4 Runner....gas milage dropped to 10-12 miles per gallon on the highway.
N.C. Campers
Ric, Susan, Paige
Stan and Linda Irvin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan and Linda Irvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 4:06pm
Ric
It just dawned on me. I think I was at Couchs when you picked yours up. Is the Forerunner silver?
Stan and Linda
spukistiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spukistiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 6:46am

We plan on pulling the RP-172 with our 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4. Do you know what what the recommended procedure is for towing? What I mean is that we formerly had a Lorado which had a special button to deactivate overdrive. So far, I have not located such a button the Liberty. Am wondering if I need to keep it in 2nd gear instead of Drive.

If you or any other Liberty owners knows the answer, I would appreciate hearing from you.
M & M
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 4:17am
REMOVED FOR COPYRIGHT
Tiogajoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiogajoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 4:35am
We started out pulling our 175 with a Toyota  Highlander V6 4 wheel drive. It was really straining and gas mileage went to 10 MPG.  Just upgraded to a Ford 150.  Not a problem now!
spukistiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spukistiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 5:08am
Thank you, very much. I never noticed the button, and I cannot find the manual. That is great!
M & M
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 40>
  Share Topic