r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to contact FR warranty?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonfly's r-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 5:41am
good luck on the warranty, get really mad!!!
tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 5:24pm
Final followup: After finally getting through to the warranty department at FR, I was told I had to wait at least two weeks for the paperwork to get its way from Couch's to FR, and then call them back, for them to mail me the extended warranty paperwork to fill out (sigh!)
In addition, a forum member mentioned talking to a person named Rhonda at FR who helped them out.
Today, after waiting the two weeks, I call FR and talked to Rhonda, rather than the multiple other
people in the Warranty department.  She was very friendly and said if I had the Pod's VIN number and a credit card number she would fill out all of the necessary info and mail me an extended warranty document!
She completed everything in about five minutes!
I would almost encourage FR to promote her...but then we would lose a very competent person
who can cut through the typical bureaucratic paperwork that seems to swamp all businesses.
tsunami
gepaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gepaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 8:12pm
I am the person who told you about Rhonda so I am very glad to hear that you called her and got your warranty. Just one question - Why did you wait a week to call her? Smile
Gene & Linda - 2007 Escalade - 24-Foot Keystone Cougar TT- Life is not just about gas mileage!
tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 6:56am
When I finally got through to Susan a couple of weeks ago (after 3 1/2 days of 'out of the office' and no call-backs from her and several other people in her office)...she was very insistent that 'nothing can be done for two weeks...FR can do nothing until the Pod documents are received from FR. Then you have to contact us so we can mail you the documents so that you can mail them back to us'
Rhonda, on the other hand, was very straight forward...and seemed to want to get the paper work done right then.

tsunami
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 4:31pm
When we picked up our 177 Tuesday this week I asked Scott at Couch's about an extended FR warranty and he said there was no such thing and explained what Couch's promote as extended warranty.  So I have no idea what you folks are talking about.  Can someone with knowledge of the FR extended warranty please explain it to me ?  
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
gepaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gepaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 8:14pm
It's called the Forest River, Inc. Additional 12-month Optional Protection Plan For Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels. This additional 12-month protection costs $150 for the R-POD. Everything that Forest River normally covers for only the first 12 months is covered for an additional 12 months. When we bought our R-POD, an application form was among the stack of owner's manuals that we got. The form says you have 10 days from taking delivery to signup for the extended coverage. If you are interested, you should call Rhonda Yoder at FR (574-534-3167) even if it has been more than 10 days in your case.
Gene & Linda - 2007 Escalade - 24-Foot Keystone Cougar TT- Life is not just about gas mileage!
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 7:40am
Originally posted by gepaine gepaine wrote:

It's called the Forest River, Inc. Additional 12-month Optional Protection Plan For Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels. This additional 12-month protection costs $150 for the R-POD. Everything that Forest River normally covers for only the first 12 months is covered for an additional 12 months. When we bought our R-POD, an application form was among the stack of owner's manuals that we got. The form says you have 10 days from taking delivery to signup for the extended coverage. If you are interested, you should call Rhonda Yoder at FR (574-534-3167) even if it has been more than 10 days in your case.

Thanks so much for the information.  I looked in the folder and no sheet on the extended warranty from FR.  If I decide to get it I will definitely call Ms Yoder and deal with someone who cares.  There was a sheet I signed at Couch's about ten days to register the r pod with FR and Couch's said they handled all that and it would happen quicker that ten days. Absolutely nothing about a 1 year extended warranty on the r pod through FR and I specifically asked and was told it did not exist. Oh well who knows why, I don't.  I did not misunderstand.  Again thanks so much for the information gepaine.
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
RpodMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RpodMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 11:45am
Just another reason to be very careful with these internet dealers!
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 12:16pm
RpodMan

I do notunderstand your cautioning us about internet dealers in this particular case.  Yes, they do use the internet which is wise in today's economy, but they have a full service dealership.  I know because we were there. Others on this site have been there too. They sell many types of rvs.  I believe, also, that he comes from a family of rv dealers.  Someone mentioned stopping at his parents' dealership before finding Jeff's.

Are you a dealer?  Just wondering.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 5:36pm
We bought the extended warrenty from Couches.  So, we are covered for 6 years.  We just rolled it into the financing...I think it came out to another $10/month.

~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic