r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to contact FR warranty?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to contact FR warranty?!?
    Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 11:13am
Anyone have any idea on how to contact Forest River to get 2nd Year extended warranty?!?
There is supposedly only a ten day period after purchase when you can get the extended warrant at a discount.  But no one is ever there to talk to.

Couch's RV gave me the FR number for the warranty request...I have been calling for the last four
days, and no one is EVER in their offices!  I asked for call-backs and no one has ever called back.

I called the main office and they transferred to several other people....all of them are also never
in the office and also never call back.

I finally got ahold of Josie who is the head of that department...she just gave me the run-around.
I asked when would be the best time to try to call one of the FR reps.  She said she had no idea
when it would be a good time!!!!

I am now worried that if FR is not capable of being there to accept more money from me...
what happens if I actually need warranty service?

tsunami
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 11:33am
I think you have a legitimate concern and you might approach Jeff couch with it.  I'm sure he has more pull with Forest River than any of us.  I'm also sure Warren Buffet would like to know about it since Forest River is owned by Berkshire Hathaway.
Certainly no way to run a company.  And they wonder why Elkhart Indiana and the RV industry is in dire straights.
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 7:34am
Tsunami-

The person we were given to speak to at Forest River is with the Surveyor line which also includes the RPod. Her name is Susan. I will send you a personal message with her full name, number and email.

Good luck...hope that helps.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 7:46am
Hmmmm- now that I thought about this issue again, you might be talking about the 4-5 year extended warranty which, we were told, we had 30 days after purchase to buy with a discount. That company is "Interstate Star RV" and their number is 800-942-0400.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 8:34am
Has anyone bought the 4-5 year warranty?  I was thinking about the one extra year.  I am not a fan of extended warranties.  I have done a lot of reading about them, and I gathered that there are a lot of loopholes involved that can keep you from getting your money's worth.
Any ideas?
Pepperpod
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
dragonfly's r-pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonfly's r-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 8:37am
Good luck with susan, hubbie had to get mad to get results.
gepaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gepaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 9:26am
I bought the 2nd year warranty from FR even though I almost never buy extended warranties.

There was a problem in that FR lost my application and check. When I followed up, I spoke with Rhonda Yoder at FR and she was super. She straightened our the problem right away. Her direct number (and she works in the warranty department) is 574-534-3167.

Good Luck
Gene & Linda - 2007 Escalade - 24-Foot Keystone Cougar TT- Life is not just about gas mileage!
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by gepaine gepaine wrote:

I bought the 2nd year warranty from FR even though I almost never buy extended warranties.

+1
'10 Forest River R-pod 171
Cmonsters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cmonsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 4:50pm

Have you tried your R-Pod dealer?  Forest Rver is the manufacturer,  you purchased your Pod from the dealer, which I'm fairly sure made a profit.  How many car manufacturers have you called about warranty issues? I believe it is the dealers who must step up and be the go between.  I dont think I should have to call one person a 1000 mi away to get service. The dealer was only to glad to take my money.

tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 5:09am
2nd Year extended warranty submission problems...
I was told by Couch's that I had 10 days to get a second year warranty from FR.  They said that they did not have the FR warranty submission papers and that I would have to call FR to get them myself!  They did give me a  number at FR to call.
I called the number (Susan) and got her voice mail that she was out of her office and she would immediately call me back.  NOTHING!
I ended up calling 11 times over three days with no results and finally talked to the Warranty operator. She sent an internal email to Susan and I finally got a call back after four days...
But it didn't end there...Susan told me that they wouldn't even send me the paper work until the end of the month (another three weeks)
When I specifically asked her if the 'ten day limit' would start at that time...she waffled and wouldn't specifically state one way or another.
I am still wondering why dealers don't have the necessary FR warranty application sheets...and
if it is so hard to get the applications (to give FR more money)...what happens when I need
warranty service?

tsunami
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic