r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eastern U.S. Roundup 2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 131>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eastern U.S. Roundup 2010
    Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 10:46am
I decided to start a new topic for this.  I know it is already posted but I thought this would be easier to find. Big smile

Kentucky  has great State Parks.  If we made reservation early enough, we could all get in an area together.  There is a reservation line that you can go onto on the net.  They take credit cards and I think there is a 10% Senior Discount.
I have not been well lately, but if and when the time comes I am feeling ok, I would be glad to help in setting it up with someone else from Kentucky.  How about it Tabkld?  Are you game?

Fort Boonesboro State Park would be a good place since it is off of I 75. It is very near Lexington and there are a lot of historic things to see.   Not all sites are shaded but we have air!! lol  Sites are mostly level and restrooms are clean. A lot of groups camp near the main bathhouse. There is also the Kentucky Horse Park.  It is very near to I 75 and just about 10 miles north of Lexington. It is sometimes hard to get a reservation there. June would be best because May is still a little chillly and rainy, and July can be horribly hot with the humidity. (Think 100+ degrees)
Worth thinking about.

Pepperpod
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 5:14pm
We are about 7 hours from Fort Boonesboro State Park.  We do have vacation plans from June 4th to the 12th.  So, I am not sure if we could make it.  It all depends on what date everyone picks, our work schedule, Ted's band's gig schedule, and the kid schedule.  Believe me, it is very hard to plan anything!
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 5:43pm
It does not have to be at that time.  Whenever anyone wants and most can do it will be fine. This is just a suggestion.  I think we are all open to any ideas.
Pepperpod
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 6:39pm
We went to Booneborough this year.  Nice place with clean facilities.  I think it might have been my daughters favorite KY campgound.

I'm game for going.  I'm still working so I don't have much time to organize.
Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
Pam and Bob DeLay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pam and Bob DeLay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 9:08am
We will come if we know in advance with enough time since I am still employed (always iffy in this economy) and need to request time off.  Would be really neat to see other r pod folks! 
the hills of Ohio

TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 9:11am
I would be there!Smile

Terry
Blademaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blademaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:51am
Mid to late June would work well for us, as we're planning a trip up the east coast next summer.
Wandering life's backroads with my wife, our 2 four legged children; Chloe the odd Pug, and Tia Maria, the smallest Chihuahua I'm aware of.
Life is good.
cybspod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cybspod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 12:50pm
It would be nice to have one in the northern states of New England too so that podders from Quebec could attend too Big smile
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by cybspod cybspod wrote:

It would be nice to have one in the northern states of New England too so that podders from Quebec could attend too Big smile

Its about 1500 km from Montreal to Fort Boonesboro... it could be quite the adventure Smile
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 3:57pm
So true about our neighbors !! That would be great ...

Cindy and I are in if we have a solid date to work with. Things have to be planned.
(man, am I look'n forward to retirement !!)

We are planning an extended trip in '11. Early Summer, Yellowstone !!

Be sure to get the word out should a possible time come up for '10.

HAPPY PODing !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 131>
  Share Topic