r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

codensation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butch james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: codensation
    Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 4:21am
my granddauhter and i spent the night in our r-pod and it rained all night. when i got up the next morning i found a stream of water on the floor from uner the fridg. i notested there was a lot of condendsation on the walls could not find a leak .has anyone had this mutch condinsation? is that possible.
gepaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gepaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 4:24am
I have not seen enough condensation to form a puddle on the floor.

Were the windows covered with heavy condensation too?

Did you crack open a window and the bathroom vent to prevent or reduce condensation?
Gene & Linda - 2007 Escalade - 24-Foot Keystone Cougar TT- Life is not just about gas mileage!
butch james View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butch james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 4:31am
yes the windows had heavy cond. to
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 4:56am
After we drove through the torrential downpour on the way home from Ohio (which lasted for a week "after" we got home) I did notice alot of moisture on the windows.

Our 177 sat in our driveway for over a week in the pouring rain, but we did not use it.
I noticed that the moisture that was collecting at the bottom of the windows (guides)
was gone. It had dried up or just evaporated.

We haven't experienced moisture on the walls yet. Cracking a window and/or the fan cover
would help in diagnosing the problem.
Having a Pod is a very organic experience. Trying things out to see what works best.

HAPPY PODing !!!
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 5:35am
I've only seen condensation on the windows in the r-pod, and (on a very cold night) on the walls below the mattress on my 171.

The rear window is by far the worse.  Moisture builds up behind the curtain and drips onto the bed.  As others have said, cracking the windows (and the roof vent) just a bit works wonders.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
Wyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 6:04am
We have had condensation on the windows on very cold and damp nights.  The back window is the worst, one night the bottom frame of the window filled with water and started to overflow onto the bed.  After that, at night I put a rolled up paper towel in the channel and the condensation was absorbed so it would not drip.  We did have a couple windows cracked open, but the condensation was still an issue.
Wyn & Gail
R-171
Hudson Valley, NY
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 6:49am
We have been in Memphis TN for the last few days and  there has been heavy condensation on the windows in the morning.  It hasn't been so bad that it pooled anywhere but I do want to reduce it or eliminate it.  We had a solar powered fan in our boat that kept it free of condensation but it wasn't as air tight as the pod.  I'll keep trying things until I find a cure and post it.
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 2:36pm
We would notice condensation only on cold and/or rainy nights.  This is a common problem when camping in anything...including tents.  Open windows, vents and breath lessStar.  You could try running a fan to keep the air moving. 
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 4:32am
We have experience a lot of condensation on the cold nights.  It covers the windows and accumlates on the walls, but not enough to puddle on the floor.
Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 5:20pm
We've had the same problem the last 4 weekends we've been camping (its rained every weekend in October around here).  Cracking 2 windows and cracking the vent an inch help, but its not perfect.  This makes me think more about trying out the small-fan-under-the-shower-mod I've discussed elsewhere here.  The overhead fan is way too big... too much amperage when on battery power and too much air flow.  A small 2" biscuit fan, installed under the shower where it would vent up through the vent already installed below the shower would be about right.  Only problem would be the possibility of freezing up the water trap for the shower drain if its freezing outside...
'10 Forest River R-pod 171
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic