r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-Pod Experience

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 6:59pm
Well our 174 pod just might have been one of the ones on the Tricity rv lot in Middlesboro that you seen.  We had looked at several popups & the tp hardshell, but came back to the rpod & bought it the very next week in Middlesboro.  We love it & never stay home anymore.  It's just right for us & our girl Sassy who takes the couch over.  
Steve&Kathy
2010 Traverse
174 2009
Sassy too Golden Retriever
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 6:53pm
Gas milage is relative to the tow vehicle. On an F-250 diesel, there is NO change is gas milage.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
postalpanzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote postalpanzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 10:21am
We have a 177 and it has 6 windows alot of light I have seen some on this website add a tinted circular window in the door for even more light.  We have only had ours out once since we bought it I am new to towing.  Our tow vehicle has a class II towing hitch so WD and sway control is not an option without some welding.  So far so good although have not gone on the highway yet.  Our tow vehicle is a Mercury { rest their soul } Mariner 3L V6  240 hp.  The 177 is heavier 2500 dry weight because of the slideout.  The air conditioning worked fine for us our first time out was a high humidity scorcher.  Although the air conDITIONER IS A LITTLE LOUD.  A sink is not needed in the bathroom the shower was rather pleasant surprisingly decent water pressure and nice hot water.  
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 2:07pm
Glad it went well Postal !!! I believe its been accurately stated that "most RV Air-Conditioners" are loud.
IMHO if you level the Pod alittle low toward the back, the AC water will flow down the rear of the Pod.
It doesnt take muck lean to make water flow.

I believe you have enough HP to tow the 177, but we had a class 3 hitch with no sway or WD. Looking back I would recommend the sway option when possible.

Glad the bathroom is working out for ya. We never missed the sink either.
happyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 3:14pm

We have the 174 2009 & love it actually we have so much fun with it that our house now has daddy long legs webs in it LOL.  We actually got ours from Jeff at Tric Cities rv in Middlesboro Ky. & saved a lot of money compared to Knoxvilles prices at the time.  Anyway you'll have a great time with this camper &talk about all  the people you'll meet.  We always laugh after we get into camp & say open house has began. 

Steve&Kathy
2010 Traverse
174 2009
Sassy too Golden Retriever
wbillar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbillar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 4:11pm
We just returned from a family reunion at Cumberland Gap National Park.  The Middlesbourough RV dealer I think is going out of business and does not carry Rpods anymore.  Last year they had several and we camped in the same park with a couple from Tenn. who had bought one there.
Bill
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 6:25pm
We are glad to see that you made it home safely.  Would you mind posting about the Cumberland Gap campground in the Campsite thread.  We are interested in going down there sometime.
My sister-in-law tells me that the Florida weather is brutal this summer, more than usual.  Stay cool.

Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
wbillar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbillar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 6:42pm
I'll leave a message in the camping thread about Cumberland Gap National Park.  This is our second year to stay at the park and I would recommend it.

Florida is very hot, but so was the North this year as far up as Northern Indiana and Chicago.  Cumberland Gap was also hot during late June/early July.  last year it was highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's this year it was in the 90's.

Georgia was as hot as Vegas (98 at 5:00 PM when we passed through last weekend.  Florida is in the low W's with really high humidity. 
Bill
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 1:05am
You made an interesting comment on the window(s). The 175 has plenty of windows, but when you climb in for the night, there is a sense of privacy/security my 1978 Coleman pop-up lacked. You do not seem to hear everything going on around you and I feel you can still visit/sit outside with the r-dome or something similar, but if the weather is poor- you have good shelter. We just got back from Richmond, IN and the weather pushed 100F each day- I was glad to have the pod. I think you would really enjoy an r-pod's amenities.

Karl
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 12:55pm
Kathy, I got mine from Jeff also!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic